Dixie Narco DNCB 522 conversion to bottle

Imtgey are the same diameter as a can so there is no change there. Move the back spacer up enough that the bottle engages the sold out flap, but not too tight or you’ll get jams. Then adjust the spacing on the motor cam to single drop for narrow columns & double drop for wide columns 

I don't think you can go two deep with the bottles, think a 600 is the only one that can (if I remember correctly).  If the bottle sit side by side in each column then you'll want it set for to drops.  So should be two valleys exposed.  If you look at the inner door there should be a diagram that tells you which setting for single depth.  

3 minutes ago, savend said:

I don't think you can go two deep with the bottles, think a 600 is the only one that can (if I remember correctly).  If the bottle sit side by side in each column then you'll want it set for to drops.  So should be two valleys exposed.  If you look at the inner door there should be a diagram that tells you which setting for single depth.  

All E models are 2-deep on standard length bottles.

41 minutes ago, savend said:

Thanks seemed like I had trouble with those, but I may have been thinking of the older single price.  

Yeah, you are probably thinking of a different model.  An older 276 and a 276E are very different.  Same with a 501T and 501E, 600 (can version) and 600E, etc....  a 522E is a 501E cabinet with 6 wide columns.  The question is, is yours an E model or something else.

Model DNCB 522MC/S11-6   The label isn't on the inner door for the cams.  Just how to program the machine.  You can see where one was peeled off so that might of been it.

When I place bottles in it they sit just off center on top of each other.  Staggered pattern

That model won't be an E model or it would say so.  MC means Magnum Circular which was the first bubble front machine in the industry and was patented by Pepsi. SII is the older 2-button SII logic board and -6 is the number of selections.  This is only one bottle deep or two cans deep.  For bottles you will need gold front cams, I believe.  They can be adjusted to show two timing notches which the blue cam can't do.

Thank you for the information.

My machine has the blue cams with the yellow adjustable plate to set for 2 drops or 4.    I have it set to 2 as directed.  The machine has brown shims in it also.  When It vends the first bottle falls fine.  The next bottle jams in the vending paddle.  I see there is a spacer in the paddle.  where should this be set?  I have it just past the bottle cap.   I have the back spacer set app 1 inch past the bottle when in the machine.  Pictures below

20180524_084000.thumb.jpg.d14df85ff7d8efe95401b46cbfdc7850.jpg20180524_084030.thumb.jpg.cc140b44a2a49b97236f2b90b908b1c1.jpg

Remove the bottle cap support.  The support was to enable to do 20 oz bottles 2-deep in a T model machine that isn't made for that.  By the way, the wood on your rear spacer must mean that DN didn't put enough holes forward to make the machine 1 bottle deep.  I don't recall that but it wouldn't suprise me.  If you do have more side holes for the rear spacer that are forward of where you have it now then remove the wood and just adjust your rear spacer forward.

If you continue to have one bottle not fall then and this happens in all the columns then you need to replace the blue base cams with either green or grey cams.  Probably green since this is a T model and the grey rear cams are for E models.

Thank  you for the information.

I moved the cap support ( the metal pic in the dump cam) back out of the way.  The first bottle sits in the dump cam.  when it cycles and drops that bottle the next one falls into the cam at and angle and jams on the next vend.  I have trued loading the bottle facing both ways to see if it made a difference.

There are a lot of holes to move the back guide.  I moved it ahead closer to the cap on the bottle.  It didn't seem to make any difference to the bottle falling into the dump cam.

It looks like the cam moves to far on the movement for the bottle to load and then dump on the next vend.

I will try to find the green cam and order one to see if it works.

Sorry so may questions.  I'm new to this and learning a I go.

Tom

Archived