Royal Vendors GIII Troubleshooting

wpeej

I have a Royal Vendors GIII RVCCR-550-9 that is giving me troubles. I recently moved the machine, and since then the price cannot be changed (stuck at 99.99). When I try to change it, it displays "LOC" which I assume means "locked". I also cannot change the CON setting...also says "LOC".

The last time this happened, I was able to remove the timekeeper chip for a few minutes and it would reset the memory; I've tried leaving the chip out overnight, and it still won't reset. Does anyone know of another way to reset the motherboard or how to clear the timekeeper chip?

Thanks in advance!

Also, the display reads 8.8.8.8 when I restart the machine; form what I've read online, the timekeeper chip is bad. I've seen them on eBay for less than $10, but I want to be sure I buy the right chip. I assume the part number is the largest print on the chip, which is M48T18-100PC1. Like I said I can find them online, but the other numbers on the chip don't match...does this matter?

IMG_7839.jpg

I appreciate the offer, but I actually got it working!  I pulled the chip, applied 5v power to pins 28 (Vss ground) and 14 (Vcc positive) for a few hours, and that did the trick!

Archived