Royal 660 not making change

I have a Royal 660 which was working fine. I'm only selling cans all at $.85 so I go through nickles and dimes. I tried to switch the Coinco coin mechanism to a MEI CF7000 series with double nickle tubes. Unfortunately the mechanism was too tall so I put the Coinco back in. Now when you insert a dollar, the $.15 will not return. It shows on the display you have $.15 credit but the change does not dispense. I changed the coin mechanism with a fresh one thinking a coin is jammed in the switching around, but the problem still exists. Did I fry the controller board on the machine? I heard this could happen if you happen to mix voltage on coin mechanism. I know the original Coinco was 34 volts and thought the CF7000 was too. Thanks for any help with this, Ted. (southocvending@gmail.com)  

34v, 24v, and pretty much anything around that range are all compatible.  However, if you disconnected them while they were still powered on, then yes, you definitely could have burnt something up.  I'm not too familiar with the 660 but I would assume it has a fuse on the door somewhere that you can take out to kill the power while you change parts.

You changed something in the programming by mistake such as turning on multi-vend.  Unless the coin mech tries to pay change, but doesn't, you have a programming issue.  Especially if the .15 remains on the display. 

AZ thanks for the reply. I don't think I pressed the mode button since the red button is recessed. I disconnected the coin mechanism and then switched it back out again. If $.15 is on the display and when you purchase a second soda the amount increases to $.30 than perhaps I did hit the mode button and didn't realize it. How now do I correct this issue of turning off multi-vend? I can bring up an instructions sheet to see how. I purchased this machine in place already programed. All I've done for the past 6 months is add soda and take out the money, (and keep adding nickles and dimes). Thanks for the information I will research reprogramming further unless you know a short cut to turn off multi vend?

AngryChris, thanks for the info. Yes, I cannot get behind the machine to unplug it so I'll use the fuse removal technique to eliminate power when I change a coin mechanism again.

Archived