Tips for Dixie BevMax

I have a refurbished Dixie Bev MAX 5591 glass front drink machine in a new account location for a little less than a month now.  It has 40 selections and I have 16.9 oz bottles setup on the top 2 rows.  The machine is fairly steady and bringing in about 30-40 vends a day.  However, I'm probably having 2-3 bottle mis-vend issues daily also.  I'm having an issue with some 16.9 oz bottles like dr. pepper, mountain dew, pepsi, where they are either not sliding all the way out or some bottles in the slot get off track slightly and causes a mis-vend at some point.  

Does anyone have any tips / suggestions?

IMG_3413.JPG

1 hour ago, Kevin B said:

The machine is fairly steady and bringing in about 30-40 vends a day.  However, I'm probably having 2-3 bottle mis-vend issues daily also.  I'm having an issue with some 16.9 oz bottles like dr. pepper, mountain dew, pepsi, where they are either not sliding all the way out or some bottles in the slot get off track slightly and causes a mis-vend at some point.  

Does anyone have any tips / suggestions?

That's WAY too many misvends for a properly set up 5591.

Firstly I'd suggest you make sure the machine is level front to back.

Secondly the shims need to be matched to the bottles being vended. Make sure that the shims don't pinch the bottle anywhere.

Third make sure the slides are clean and friction free (use something like armourall or food grade silicon spray LIGHTLY)

Fourth make sure the product pushers are working correctly - change out any springs that are kinked/rusty/lost tension.

When saying 'mis-vends' do you mean actual gate operation where the gate opens but the product does not come forward and drop? Or something else.  

Individual gates can fail either from wear or weak actautors (or stuck full of dried coke syrup)

You need to change the 16.9 oz shims from can shims to the thinner version made for that size bottle. You also need to remove all shims from your Gatorade as they don't require any shims unless you have a vending issue.  In your photo A3 appears to have that thinner bottle shim but the picture may be misleading.  Make sure you have pushers on all slides and then you need working drop sensors so that you can enable the vend "retry limit" and set it to 2 or 3.  This allows a customer to make one or two additional attempts to buy something from a problem selection or another selection.  Once a vend is made or the retry limit is reached you will either get the product or you will get a refund.  That way no one loses money and your machine doesn't get beat up when people lose money in it.

Also, make sure that none of the gates are cracked at the bottom.  If they are then you need to replace them.

Archived