How much you guys figure an average beverage machine costs per month in electric bill?

$12-$15 per machine sound about right?

I get that it depends on electricity costs - Hydro power up here in the Pacific Northwest is cheap, just seeing if there is an accepted "average".

Have a customer that wants commission - really try to avoid paying that if I don't have access to the locations customers - if I am in a breakroom for a large company, no commission (I would just raise prices the amount of the commission and make the employees pay for it) - most companies get this if you can reason it out with a decision maker.  Keeps my prices low for the convenience of the employees which is the whole purpose of the machines anyway.

On the other hand, if I am in a big retail space or hotel and the locations customers have access to the machines, then sure, makes sense to give them a cut.

This particular company has a new sheriff in town, and he is going to set thing right... 1st order of business: order the vending guy to report immediately for a face-to-face and demand concessions.

He wants 5% of gross and no price increase - justification is so the machines pay for their power consumption.  

I am leaning toward a flat rate if it is about power - nothing for the snacks (all have LED conversion so they draw next to nothing) - figure I'd offer him $24 mo for the two bev machines ($12 ea). - sound about right?

ABC

• 2 weeks later...

You can contact your local power company and they will send out a projection for you.  With the Led lights you will be next to nothing.  Probably $5.  I got a few around different areas in Ca.  Bigger clients with multiple machines worry the electric will really "pull" the power.  Which they don't except for food machines.  The most we came up with was $8 on a big BevMax bottle drop.  Just curious where are you right now on a can.

19 hours ago, Poplady1 said:

Just curious where are you right now on a can.

Cans are $1 ea.

Was selling them at $.75 until the flying monkeys on the Seattle City Council levied a $.0175 per OUNCE tax on ALL sweetened beverages as of Jan 1.

ABC

On 6/5/2018 at 12:36 PM, ABCVending said:

Cans are $1 ea.

Was selling them at $.75 until the flying monkeys on the Seattle City Council levied a $.0175 per OUNCE tax on ALL sweetened beverages as of Jan 1.

ABC

Well that will bump up the price.

Archived