Called a locater today

iwannaapple

I've had a J-stand from Beaver for a while now. It had an NB26 and 2 RB16's on it. I've never really felt comfortable putting my machines where kids and teenagers are so I really don't need the NB26 and besides that I've read that this Rodney person doesn't locate toy machines. Good! So I saved up $136 and bought the SB18 from Beaver which is the Southern Beaver with an 18" globe on it and replaced the NB26 with it. Plan was coming along just fine. Now was the time to order from Rodney.

A couple of days ago, since my plan was coming along, I submitted the request form on http://vendinglocator4u.com.

Under the description I put 2 RB16's and 1 SB18 on a J-stand. I received an e-mail the next day (or that day?) asking me to fill out the authorization form and send it back to them off of the charity website they recommend. Couldn't find this form and I would rather donate to Crohn's anyway. So if anyone know's the exact URL of this form that would be great OR If you know how I can donate to Crohn's (using the authorization form for Rodney) that would be better.

Getting back to the story, I received an e-mail from Rodney today saying that it looks like a 3 way with a 2" inch machine and that we don't offer services for that!??

I responded back that I have not sent a picture and their must be a misunderstanding. To try and clear up the misunderstanding I e-mailed a picture of my machine. He responds back "Sorry we can't. That is up to the vendor."?

I am the vendor!?

At this point my plan was really falling through and I was very disappointed because I had planned for quite a while and ordered a brand new machine just specifically for  http://vendinglocator4u.com to locate it for me!

I won't repeat my response back to him but within 20 minutes he calls me on the phone while I was in a ten minute game of chess online. If it weren't for the game I was trying to win I would have laughed. The problem was was that he confused an "SB" for "NB" which I took for granted that he already knew the difference seeing as how he has been placing machines longer then I have had them. My mistake.

So, he is supposed to get back with me and tell me exactly where this authorization form is (or hopefully what he needs from the crohn's foundation) and I just thought I would put down in writing how it goes and I am sure that they will do a great job. I already have some in very slow places so anything that they find will surely be better. 

I also thought I'd put a picture of my machine. I like it! Like it a lot and I hope its new home likes it too.

42369799822_e8ecb58871_m.jpg

1 hour ago, BCB434 said:

Your asking to place that jumBo thing for the price of a triple ?  

I will be paying what they charge. 1-3 heads is about $45.

So yes, I guess I will be paying the same as a compact triple if that is what you are asking. But, I haven't even gotten that far yet. I need to fill out the form he is asking for to become a donator to charity.

use NCCS.org for charity, for starters, they are great, love the machine, if you decide to not put it out, let me know ill buy it :P Rodney is great with corporate locations, I don't know how the heck he does it, but he does, if you're looking for a mom and pop shop, you'll have to do it on your own. $45/head is cheap, I think he also does replacements if needed.

5 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

use NCCS.org for charity, for starters, they are great, love the machine, if you decide to not put it out, let me know ill buy it :P Rodney is great with corporate locations, I don't know how the heck he does it, but he does, if you're looking for a mom and pop shop, you'll have to do it on your own. $45/head is cheap, I think he also does replacements if needed.

Very glad you have experience with that. 

That is the organization they suggested. I am supposed to download and print a form, fill it out and then send it back to them but I do not know the exact URL of this authorization form. 

When I got on the website the only thing I could find is how to pay now! Would you know the exact URL of this authorization form he is talking about? IF I had an idea of what its purpose was maybe I could find other similar forms. I would like to donate to Crohn's disease.

This is an excerpt from the email.

"For your charity, you will need an authorization letter from them. We suggest using someone like thenccs.org, they are a great charity and have supported bulk vendors for decades."

The authorization letter just states that you (the vendor) has permission to use the charities name and logo on your machines.  Rodney just needs proof that you have permission from the Crohn's disease charity.   Just contact the charity you are going to use and have them email/mail you a letter stating that you are paying them.  If Crohn's does not have a "vending program" already in place you will probably have to explain it to their director/board, get a contract written up, send it to them, wait for their board of directors to approve it/suggest changes and then send it back to you. 

I am teamed up with a local animal shelter and it took me about 4 months to get the contract signed, machine stickers printed with the correct wording.  I had to present this to the board of directors because they knew nothing about it and were leary it was a scam at first.

The reason he mentions NCCS.org is because they have a program set up already, download their application, send them the money for the stickers and they send you an authorization letter and the stickers. it would probably take a couple weeks is all.

Ther letter is for your protection.  Google NCCS and Fraud charges. 

You may still not grey a location.  The stand is one I'm not familiar with, and no,  I'm not familiar with beavers.  Their are so few on the west coast that I don't worry about. All of the info is needed to make sure we get the right location for the equipment, and make sure that we are even able find a location do to the equipment type. 

I prefer to understand completely before starting so we're informed and educated.  We still may not be able to help,  I haven't had time to look at your pics. 

10 hours ago, petersvending said:

Rodney is the best locator. That is all I can say. Follow his plan and you get results. 

12 hours ago, orsd said:

The form is only sent after you have paid the charity.

15 hours ago, Mehehe said:

The authorization letter just states that you (the vendor) has permission to use the charities name and logo on your machines.  Rodney just needs proof that you have permission from the Crohn's disease charity.   Just contact the charity you are going to use and have them email/mail you a letter stating that you are paying them.  If Crohn's does not have a "vending program" already in place you will probably have to explain it to their director/board, get a contract written up, send it to them, wait for their board of directors to approve it/suggest changes and then send it back to you. 

I am teamed up with a local animal shelter and it took me about 4 months to get the contract signed, machine stickers printed with the correct wording.  I had to present this to the board of directors because they knew nothing about it and were leary it was a scam at first.

The reason he mentions NCCS.org is because they have a program set up already, download their application, send them the money for the stickers and they send you an authorization letter and the stickers. it would probably take a couple weeks is all.

22 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

I would like to thank every one for all the suggestions you have given me. 

I was hoping to chronicle my experience with Rodney placing my machines for me so I could experience his good services too.

I totally received a different treatment from the start and it was a mass confusion with no help or guidance like y'all have given me. I have received more help from you guys who went out of your way to help and it has been a real let down. I have 33 of these stands with these Beaver machines on them so I was a bit disappointed at his refusal.

I can't seem to edit my last comment.

If I could edit my last comment I would say that Rodney probably is good at what he does. Their can be a lot of confusion sometimes and people can be misunderstood. I just happen to be one of the ones that did not get that chance.

If any one has any referrals I sure would appreciate it. I have a deep investment and would like to see it through.

Buying something on the assumption that someone else will offer a service they don't explicitly say they will is foolish.

Such is business, always have a plan B. Even if it is explicitly advertised, hell, even if you have a signed contract it's still a good idea.

golpher happens.

I didn't specifically do it solely for that purpose. I actually just believed the hype and thought the he would be an ideal locator to place my machines. But, it is his business and if he doesn't want to do it then he doesn't want to do it. 

I just thought I would update this.

There has been some confusion, on my part, with the deal and hopefully it is being worked out. He doesn't feel he can locate it because it is too big and that is his decision. I showed him where it actually takes up less space then a normal triple and holds more product so I hope that works out and he decides to do it. He feels that many of his places that he locates for will not except this machine. I hope it goes ok but if it doesn't then that is 

I feel these machines are very nice and I bet many of you have them too. I would think that there are many business's who would like this machine. I dunno, we'll see.

Those stands are sort of tricky. I can imagine as a business owner think someone is gonna bring in a simple charity machine then that shows up. I don't know rodneys script but its probably hard to describe that

18 hours ago, BryanH said:

Those stands are sort of tricky. I can imagine as a business owner think someone is gonna bring in a simple charity machine then that shows up. I don't know rodneys script but its probably hard to describe that

I actually don't understand? Would you mind explaining that because your exactly right. Contrary to Rodney's website (1-3 heads)

Rodney will not locate it. It actually takes up less area then a triple and holds more product and is made by Beaver. I would think that any business would want it. Especially where people work.

Would you mind telling me your experience why not?

And why is the stand tricky? It is harder to push over this then my regular triple or am I taking that wrong?

They are deeper and taller than many traditional single, double, triple set ups. I have a competitor that runs that setup in some locations (actually 4 heads) and they are pretty imposing in smaller venues that are tight on space. He actually got kicked from one location because of space and my single head got to stay. They are awkward to move and have a larger footprint than a 1-800 triple or even a Northwestern Triple Play. It all comes down to personal preference. The Beavers are very good looking machines and that is a big plus but customers could care less what brand they are as long as they get their candy. The capacity of the big barrel globes is not really a selling point and honestly if you fill them all the way up you will be throwing away ALOT of candy. I know you like these machines and have alot of money invested in them but you would probably fare better with the Beaver doubles. I guarantee doubles would be easier to place.

33 minutes ago, gumball guy said:

They are deeper and taller than many traditional single, double, triple set ups. I have a competitor that runs that setup in some locations (actually 4 heads) and they are pretty imposing in smaller venues that are tight on space. He actually got kicked from one location because of space and my single head got to stay. They are awkward to move and have a larger footprint than a 1-800 triple or even a Northwestern Triple Play. It all comes down to personal preference. The Beavers are very good looking machines and that is a big plus but customers could care less what brand they are as long as they get their candy. The capacity of the big barrel globes is not really a selling point and honestly if you fill them all the way up you will be throwing away ALOT of candy. I know you like these machines and have alot of money invested in them but you would probably fare better with the Beaver doubles. I guarantee doubles would be easier to place.

Imo also.  I would have a tough time finding the appropriate place for them in my existing locations myself.  I love beaver machines and the stands look great,  but if you look at it from as stores stand point,  they attracttoo much attention away fron their product and they look to big.  Perception is everything. 

I'd buy all the beavers I could.  There must isn't any inthe west coast for sale

21 hours ago, gumball guy said:

I have Beaver doubles. I also have standard triples. I have measured both, width, depth and height. Your right, it is taller but it actually occupies less cubic inch space. My triple takes up 18000 cubic inches because of its 20" diameter base. The Beaver is about 17,400 cubic inches. It actually appears imposing because you don't see the stand as visibly. You just see the machines and it appears imposing but it is actually not and I think that is what makes them stand out.

As for throwing away candy; I have inserts (I forget what there called right now) that keeps the candy really fresh for quite a while. I have gum balls still out from last summer that are a year old right about now that taste just as fresh and soft as the day I put them in there (very slow location).

And, I can make this stand a double. It holds 2-4 machines and I realize capacity is not a selling point. Larger capacity means I do not have to service the machine quite as often. Additionally, I am one of those that believe when a customer see's a clean machine full of candy with lots of color he is more likely to buy more importantly, I like them and if I like them the customer likes them.

Do charities not deserve good machines also? And if you think about it; this is the exact same stand as what hold up my doubles. It is just shaped like a J instead of a U. 

Locators locate. Bulk vendors put them together.

Great advice though and I surely will remember what you said and keep that in mind. Currently I am waiting on another locator to call. I will see how that works out. I just want one machine located right now so I believe that might slow things up. They probably would want to locate multiple machines versus just one.

Archived