Bevmax 5591 “correct change only”

When you filled the coin mech did you use the tube fill option?  The machine’s memory may say it is out of change even though it is not if not programmed correctly. You can also make a few bends using coins only with the tubes full so the coins will be sent to cash box. Then it knows that the tubes are full

The coinmech was never out of change. It was about 1/4 of the down on quarters about 20 quarters. So I made five purchases until the quarters started going to the cash box like you said. The. I turned the power off and back on but still had the same scroll. But I didn’t use the tube fill option. What is that?

Do you not know how to use the programming in your own machine?  There is usually a program label inside the top of the door that lists the programming.  You can also download a manual for the machine, DOH!  In MDB machines the logic board doesn't rely on the tube sensors in the coin mech for correct change reasons.  Instead it counts coins, so you have to use the tube fill program mode to allow the logic board to count coins into the tubes.  It stops counting when coins are deflected to the coin box as the tube fills up.  Then it counts coins in and out of the tubes, monitoring for a correct change condition based on coin inventory.

If you use tube fill to only top off your tubes then the machine only counts those coins and you are soon in a false correct change condition again.  The proper method is to emply all the tubes and then refill them while using the tube fill mode.

Open Door

Press mode button until display reads 'Test Mode'

Press 1

Insert coins (in any order) until mech is full 

Close Door

It is a good idea to start with an empty mech, but as long as the coin totals shown while inserting coins match reality, it isn't essential

Archived