Soda Machine on its side

So long story, but picked up 2 soda machines yesterday. I rented a trailer and got them and brought them over to my storage unit. One of the machines was too tall to make into the storage unit standing up on the dolly. We ended up getting it into the storage unit on its side after some maneuvering with my buddy. I was running short on time to return the trailer so I left it there in storage for the night. My question now is, what are some tips to get a machine stood up from its side? I can get 3-4 friends over to help me if necessary, but I just couldn't manage to get the machine up off the ground enough to be able to get any leverage under it to lift. does anyone have any suggestions? any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks  

I'm incredibly new here so I may not be of any assistance but ill try.. 

Soda machines are heavy, id assume your idea will work with 5 or 6 people lifting it. Have a couple of people behind it so it doesnt tilt and fall when y'all stand it up. 

Good luck! Sorry i couldnt be more help.. I dont have much experience lol. 

How dumb that was.  Next time you will be sure to have a machine moving dolly so you can tilt it back to get it through the doorway before standing it up inside.  You have hopefully learned not to buy 79" machines.

That, my friend, is 800 lbs of problems lying on its side.

Get a bunch of 2x4 or 4x4s and at least 3 strong guys, preferably 4 or 5.

Lift the top a bit, and slide a piece of wood under. Continue lifting and stacking wood (make sure the stack is stable and doesn't tip) until you can just push it upright (should be around 14-50 degree angle)

One thing that can help is a beefy ratchet strap, slide it under machine and use it to lift the machine. Make sure there are no sharp edges where the strap contacts the machine, otherwise you'll cut the strap and drop the machine.

If you have a cherry picker, engine lift or something similar you can do the strap thing with the lift.

It worked. Nobody got hurt and nothing was smashed. Took a while because everything was thought out.

That machine is 600 lbs. and two old guys with  limited funds moved it off a pickup truck without laying it on it's back and screwing everything up.

haha yes this will be the first and last 79" machine I buy. Thank you for the responses. I was nervous to post this because I knew I made a bozo mistake but was having troubles thinking it through. I'll get that sucker up tomorrow!

if the ceiling has solid attachment points you might use a come-along with a strong strap to get it started.  Don't forget, you have to get it back out of the unit someday, and don't power it up until it has been upright for at least a day so you don't damage the compressor.

2 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

if the ceiling has solid attachment points you might use a come-along with a strong strap to get it started.  Don't forget, you have to get it back out of the unit someday, and don't power it up until it has been upright for at least a day so you don't damage the compressor.

I have never seen any mini storage with a solid roof.

Generally weak golpher trusses that are good with holding up a roof but not much else. (you can load a truss on top but not from the bottom chord.)

Archived