Gpl 160

Finally got around to having a locksmith come open 4 machines I didn't have keys to. Theyve been sitting around since I picked them up at an auction awhile back. One of them is a gpl 160. It's inot pretty good shape other than one of the front trim pieces(and a bath). I'll post a picture, but who sells a replacement piece?

Also, I know it's a mdb machine, but when I add a cc reader will it report cash sales? 

20180606_113511

I'm sure I will have a piece of that trim in my scrap pile of aluminum trim. I usually convert the door to the standard National trimset and tuffront. Also, I always morph the machine to the 167/168 platform. The parts required are: Door switch, letter/number sheet for the selection keypad, service keypad, EPROM (158.23 or higher). All of those parts total about $30 if you already have the MDB harness. 

1 hour ago, lacanteen said:

I'm sure I will have a piece of that trim in my scrap pile of aluminum trim. I usually convert the door to the standard National trimset and tuffront. Also, I always morph the machine to the 167/168 platform. The parts required are: Door switch, letter/number sheet for the selection keypad, service keypad, EPROM (158.23 or higher). All of those parts total about $30 if you already have the MDB harness. 

What are the advantages of switching to that platform? 

12 hours ago, QuikVend said:

What are the advantages of switching to that platform? 

The top advantage for me is consistency. We had about 600 167/168 machines and only 20 GPL. When we were upgrading for DEX and cards we were going to the machines anyway and took the few minutes extra to convert the GPLs to National. If you have a lot of GPLs, and few 157/167 then you may want to stay GPL. 157/167 is much more user friendly all around. When the field converted machines rotate through our shop, we convert the trim package to conventional black or platinum, again, for consistency. 

The other advantage is that you get to be like me. image001_zps1ccf3f9a.gif

I'm all for easier use. Where would you recommend going to get those parts for that price? The trim as well. I've got $50 into this machine, so I won't feel bad spending a little on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got your kit right around the time I went and got this

20180618_192458

Sams club liquidation auction, so i bought since pallet racking. I've been working on getting that all assembled so I have an area to work in. 

Fun fact: I was going to offer to help him unload his truck as I thought he had a machine or two in it.  Once he told me what was in it, I pretty much told him good luck and left!

Archived