Coil/Auger purchasing

Hello Everybody, I am new to the forum and also vending in general. I only have two machines at the moment and hope to slowly gain more.

My reason for making this thread is to ask Where do you guys get your coils/augers for your machines. My machines are USI alpine 3517 and I want to get some coils that can hold larger product. I've been refereed to vendnetusa but have to be honest I dont want to pay 20+ per coil, especially since I want several coils.

Has anyone here found a "bargain" machine parts store or are the prices I'm seeing on vendnet about the going rate?

And also inside that question being new to the game and not having dealt with other machines are coils and motors "universal" so to speak? I imagine each machine brand has a different style but if I were to find some coils for say a USI brand machine of a different model would there be a chance they would work in my machine? Kinda like parts for a GM or a FOMOCO product, you may not be able to get a gm latch to work for a ford but most likely the mercury latch will work in your ford.

Thanks for the help!

You're in vending now.  Just pay the prices that the manufacturers charge and admit that the rule "it takes money to make money" is true.  You are much better off buying the parts specific to your machine.  While there are some common items you never know what they are until you pore over the parts manuals from a variety of machines to see if the spiral matrix is the same in any of them.  Even if some are the same the prices will remain the same as well.  Hell, even if I sold you spirals you would pay $20 just because of markup and handling in and out.  Everyone needs to make money and you're just the last in the food chain.  Well, besides your customers.

Archived