Coke machine drip tray overflows

Royal Vendors RV model. I emptied the drip tray yesterday and today it is about 3/4 full. Soon it will over-flow and end up on the clients floor.

The machine is indoors with air conditioning. What causes drip trays to over flow?

You must have an air leak.  Make sure the delivery door closes, that the T-handle tightens the door and that the drain hose is in place.  Beyond that inspect the inner door gasket for tears and then put a dollar bill between the gasket and the cabinet to see if it's difficult to pull out when the door is snugged down.  You have to check that all around the cabinet to be sure.  If it's loose then you may need to adjust the inner door, the hinges or the outer door is bent.

Just out of curiosity, where is your drip tray?  I purchased a Royal machine used and the previous owner had the drip tray setup inside the machine.  When I ran it set up like that, it would also fill up with water very quickly.  I then realized that the drip tray needs to be in the back of the machine....and ever since I moved it I had no more problems.

1 hour ago, darkinthepark said:

Just out of curiosity, where is your drip tray?  I purchased a Royal machine used and the previous owner had the drip tray setup inside the machine.  When I ran it set up like that, it would also fill up with water very quickly.  I then realized that the drip tray needs to be in the back of the machine....and ever since I moved it I had no more problems.

I don't understand... it was inside the machine and then you moved it to the back? are you saying it was inside where the machine cools or are you saying it was near the front of the machine (at the bottom, of course) and you just moved it to the back?  The fan helps create a vacuum to pull air across the tray/sponges to help the water evaporate faster.

35 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I don't understand... it was inside the machine and then you moved it to the back? are you saying it was inside where the machine cools or are you saying it was near the front of the machine (at the bottom, of course) and you just moved it to the back?  The fan helps create a vacuum to pull air across the tray/sponges to help the water evaporate faster.

When I say inside the machine, I mean you need to have the key to open the door to get to it.  And yes, it was on the bottom of the machine next to the cooling deck.  I moved it to the back in the little opening of the machine where it is designed to go.  There is a screw in the back that holds it down.  In the back, you can get to it without the door open.  

I see.  Whether you can actually get to it or not really depends on how much space you actually have.  You can't get to most of my drip without pulling the machines out from the wall.  Regardless, I can't imagine having moving the drip tray maybe 1 foot away actually fixing your problem but all that matters is that it isn't doing it now.  It might have more to do with the placement of the drain hose rather than the placement of the drip tray but I am only speculating.  In his case, I would assume that the problem is a major air leak.  A lot of vendors here don't know the purpose/value of duct sealant/gum.  That's the gummy stuff around your electrical and refrigeration lines coming through the gaps at the bottom of the tank where the door seal meets the cabinet.  I had to temporarily plug up a machine with something else because I didn't have my gum with me, but it isn't very humid in that place so it shouldn't be a big deal yet.

What he meant was the drip tray was inside the cabinet. He moved it to the place outside the cabinet where the drain tube empties.

55 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I can't imagine having moving the drip tray maybe 1 foot away actually fixing your problem

If the drain is dripping one foot away from the tray the tray is much easier to move than the drain is. It would take much less effort and less equipment.

6 hours ago, 57thTom said:

What he meant was the drip tray was inside the cabinet. He moved it to the place outside the cabinet where the drain tube empties.

If the drain is dripping one foot away from the tray the tray is much easier to move than the drain is. It would take much less effort and less equipment.

What?? Lol.  You don't move the drain.  You can move the tray and the hose.  It's very very easy to do, but silly because it shouldn't have needed to have been moved in the first place, unless someone took it out to clean the tray and the hose and never put it back in the same spot.

Archived