New or Refurbished???

I want to get a Soda machine that does both cans and bottles for my laundromat. I am willing to spend $3000 for a new machine. Or would it be wise to buy a refurb for half the price? I plan on having this laundromat for 10 yrs+, thats why I am leaning towards a new machine.  I figure it would pay for itself in about 3 yrs. Any info or comments greatly appreciated!

Where is a good place to buy a new machine?

No need to buy new and find it gets vandalized down the road.  Get youself a used Dixie Narco 501E and you'll be set for life.  Parts will always be available for them and unless damaged beyond repair you will be able to keep it running virtually forever.

I would not get new, sure the service is great if it breaks down, but how often is a new machine going to break? the older ones are actually built better than new ones, and will probably outlast the new ones, I have machines over 15yr old running well without issues, I also just got a few machines in for sale if interested. also, id stick to cans, only because you can fit more into the machine, and they are cheaper, so more profit in the long run.

these machines are in New Rochelle NY, if interested call or text me 917-731-3891

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2446.jpg

The 501e is a great recommendation. AZ is right on the money.

Vendo 721 is also a very good stacker machine

A DN5591 is a good machine too. I personally prefer the glass fronts for the versatility and the sales boost.

At this point, i would recommend any new vendor stick with a 501e strictly because it's arguably the easiest to learn from, it's sort of future-proof, it's a reliable model, etc..  Royals can have minor issues (different board versions, space-o-sales "issues", and other things that are hard for newbies to figure out.  Anything older is usually not future proof, or it's questionable.  Generally speaking, a 501e is ready to accept a card reader, or it might need a new e prom but that's usually about it.  A royal.. it may take a card reader but you won't get cash sales if it's an older board.  if i could do it all over, i'd just have 501e's or merlin 650's.

Oh, and get refurbished.  If it's your laundromat, a 501e will generate as many sales as a brand new stack vendor.  There's no upside to buying new.

Walmart and grocery store sales. Often Walmart has the for 2.50 a six pack so that's 42 cents. Pl laces like Giant, Food lion, Shoppers, etc. will have 5 six packs for 10 on 11 bucks during sales.  So that's between 33 and 36 cents. Walmart prices are the most consistent though. Always check the dates though, there might be a reason why they are on sake.

Archived