What kind of key is this?

Zack9r

I have a 7 pin keyed alike tubular (circle) key, and i bought this used vending machine for 3/4 the price because the owner before lost the key. Can someone tell me what kind of key this is and where to buy one? Thanks!

-Zack

B1AA616A-2440-4AEB-A10A-207CAE955596.jpeg

If it is a Coke machine you can probably get a set of 200 keys. They go from 201 to 208 I think, and one will work. It looks like there is a number printed on it.  If you can clean it up some so you can read the number, you can look that up. Barring that, get your drill out.

43 minutes ago, flintflash said:

I would just drill it out and put in your own lock.  Why search for and buy and oddball key for one machine?  Keep your equipment keyed the same .  Cost-wise, it will be the same.

I never thought about doing that, i guess i didnt want the potential risk of damaging my machine. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Zack9r said:

I have a 7 pin keyed alike tubular (circle) key, and i bought this used vending machine for 3/4 the price because the owner before lost the key. Can someone tell me what kind of key this is and where to buy one? Thanks!

-Zack

B1AA616A-2440-4AEB-A10A-207CAE955596.jpeg

I'd just drill it out which is easy to do on these.  Get a tiny bit that'll fit in the slot and drill those pins one by one until it pops open,  There's probably enough change in there to easily buy another lock (and Key) This takes about ten minutes and is way easier than trying to find a key.

1 hour ago, Zack9r said:

I never thought about doing that, i guess i didnt want the potential risk of damaging my machine. Thanks!

I you drill straight thru the center of the lock face, it should break apart, allowing the T-handle to pop open and this should not damage your machine at all, just the barrel lock.  :) 

Archived