N2G4000 Sega - Machine Locks when credit card reader used?

Recently purchased a few N2G4000 machines. They work great, but when installing a credit card reader the machine is malfunctioning. The reader is powered up and appears to work, but when a sale is being made the display doesn't register any key presses and the machine effectively hangs until it is unplugged. This  happens with 2 different types of credit card readers. The reader seems to receive info from the board and updates when a vend is made with cash. But when using a credit card, it hangs.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Seaga is a waste of money and you're finding out why.  This is a problem for you to ask them or your card reader provider, though both will probably blame the other.  You probably need a different Eprom but I'll bet there isn't one.  You will come to hate Seaga and this is just the beginning.  I'm sorry you chose to waste your money that way without asking here first.

Found the answer.. Called Seaga Tech Support. On the settings Menu there is a options called Sound. Apparently, a custom feature was included all firmware that applied for a previous customer, but was loaded on most if not all devices. If you not careful, when going through the menu you can accidentally change the setting Sound->Rev 0 or 1 or 2. He mentioned something called Re-value, but didn't elaborate. The setting should be for Rev 0. I changed this setting on the menu and the card reader works fine now.

I hope this helps others if they have this problem.

• 3 years later...

Hey there, I am thinking about purchasing one of these models of Seaga machines. Do you mind telling me your overall experience with them since this post? Also what card reader did you acquire to install it on your machine. The one I am potentially buying doesn’t have one but I’m interested in adding that