Eport Question

BGJ

So I got some eports, how long does it typically take to transfer from one account to another? I'm sure some of you may have experience with this, I haven't done this before.

Sounds like the previous owner needs to release and I need to add, but I read somewhere that it could take 2-3 weeks, which seems long.

I just bought a few used ones a while back.  The old owner has to send an email to USA Tech asking them to transfer them to your name.  Then you have to send $35 for each unit to USA Tech as a "transfer fee."  This whole process takes a few days to a week depending on the people involved.

I use a lot of Eports and have to transfer often....a new account requires the new owner to be "onboarded" by usat and it takes a good 2 weeks after they fill out the account info....it has to start with the old owner sending an email to their sales rep with the telemeter serial number and the new owner information and effective date of the transfer and formally request the transfer (has to be an email so they have written record)

10 hours ago, vetvend said:

I wouldn't be buying any G-9s though Jan 2019 is supposed to be the end of 3G

I don't think 3g is going away in 2019, but older technology will be.  That's what I understand.

I am being told by USAT that Verizon g3 is done January 2019 and that is why they stopped selling the G9 for the 4G g10......do not know about ATT but most of mine are Verizon.....they are sunsetting G2 and G3 at the same time to make room for G5....ask your sales person and see what they say....my guy promised me I was OK and then the national sales team said he was wrong

4 hours ago, vetvend said:

I am being told by USAT that Verizon g3 is done January 2019 and that is why they stopped selling the G9 for the 4G g10......do not know about ATT but most of mine are Verizon.....they are sunsetting G2 and G3 at the same time to make room for G5....ask your sales person and see what they say....my guy promised me I was OK and then the national sales team said he was wrong

I bet it's totally true for 2g but I am almost willing to bet (and I don't ever bet) that they are saying this about 3g for 2 reasons;
1) they want to make sure you buy g10s and not buy used 3g (or lesser) equipment.
2) Verizon (or whoever) may have not officially said they are going to extend 3g *yet* but I bet in the coming months we'll hear that 3g is being extended for another few years.

16 hours ago, lacanteen said:

I hope not. I have over 2000 G9s. That's going to be a lot of swap outs.

Lacanteen,   I only have 100 so they are most likely going to tell you the truth then they are me.....My last rep Matt, told me repeatedly that they would be supported til 2021 but he got let go when USAT acquired Cantelope...and the new guy knows nothing....The director of inside sales says they will stop working in 2019...I do know they are selling G9s in Canada with different firmware because Canada is keeping G3 for much longer 

I'll check with the tier-2 techs. If true, there will be an upgrade. Also, some G9s are HSPA which is AT&T / T-Mobile. Serial numbers start with "VJ2" and "VJ5".

I just dread changing that many modems across 10 parishes (counties).

On 6/30/2018 at 4:39 PM, vetvend said:

Bad info, or at least incomplete info. While 3G will sunset for voice service, USAT has an extension through 2021-2022 for the 3G data bands. This came from very high up the hierarchy at USAT.

So relax.

garfielddormant.gif

I have one Snack machine with Edge which i know  I have to replace in couple of years but  I was getting establishing connection message on the eport and when talking to USA tech they told me I might have to send it in to repair.

Is it worth repairing ??

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I have one Snack machine with Edge which i know  I have to replace in couple of years but  I was getting establishing connection message on the eport and when talking to USA tech they told me I might have to send it in to repair.

Is it worth repairing ??

Nope. Trade it in. You can usually get $25-$50 towards a new one

Archived