Not taking quarters or nickles

Luthorcorp82

Hey, I am new to vending machines. I got my first Pepsi 93ish Dixie-Narco and have been slowly learning as I fix it.  The problem I am running into is this, my machine will accept dimes but nickles and quarters fo straight to the change return.  I have set it to us coins only then set it to us/can along with changing price.  I could use a little help figuring it out.  

You can only field tune it if it is a Mars coin mech.  Otherwise you have to have it serviced.  But why be so cheap?  Pay someone who knows what they are doing and will guarantee the work.  All you will be doing is spending time on something that might not work as you could have other issues in the mech, even if it is a Mars mech.  There can be flight deck issues, gate or solenoid issues, logic board issues, etc.  Don't be one of those cheap vendors that thinks you can fix everything yourself.  If you can't or won't spend money to keep your machines running then this isn't the business for you.

I didn't get into this for a business or to make money and thanks to my disability there is no income to spend. This vending machine is something to which purpose is to bring me joy as I learn to fix it, in the last six months I've learned to repair most of the issues I've come across and it's been a lot of fun for me.

9 hours ago, Luthorcorp82 said:

Hey, I am new to vending machines. I got my first Pepsi 93ish Dixie-Narco and have been slowly learning as I fix it.  The problem I am running into is this, my machine will accept dimes but nickles and quarters fo straight to the change return.  I have set it to us coins only then set it to us/can along with changing price.  I could use a little help figuring it out.  

20180627_164904.thumb.jpg.f6edf69e79dfd72abdcd566aab663bc1.jpg

There is no further support for the 58xx series of coin mech.  That mech tends to blow itself up when you tip the coin acceptor forward while it is powered up.  That is likely what happened to yours.  You need to replace it with a new single price coin mech.  Either a Mars 6200 or 6800 or a Coinco 3340S or 9340S.

Archived