Mounting cc reader

I think on HVV machines there is a kit to remove one of the duplicate buttons for a card reader.  You may also be able to get a different plastic bezel for the center of the door for a card reader.

26 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

I think on HVV machines there is a kit to remove one of the duplicate buttons for a card reader.  You may also be able to get a different plastic bezel for the center of the door for a card reader.

I was looking at an HVV machine the other day and that one in particular had an opening just big enough for the front of the mask and not an entire mask.  So, unless I didn't look closely enough at some sort of plate, you cannot change out the bezel.  I might be wrong but just throwing it out there... I think that's why they sell the kits that go where one of the buttons are.  I don't know what model it was though.

Edit: I can't find one online that matches my description so maybe I am confusing it with another machine.  I just know there were no other cutouts for a card reader and the only real option for a dedicated swipe was through one of the buttons.

What plastic?  Any plastic should just be covering the metal door.  Mounting a card reader on the face of the door requires 4 mounting holes and a 1/2" hole for the cables.  Use a Varibit for that hole.

I use a magnet to hold the template, then use a spring loaded punch to mark the holes. 

USAT%20template_zps3qgpjyhu.jpg

Drill baby drill.............

6600%20card%20drilled_zpszw46vgfz.jpg

View from the back after swipe mounted and the extension harness run

6600%20card%20inside%20door_zpsy9vy3izc.

Finish running the extension harness drilling holes, zip ties.

6600%20card%20cabinet_zpskqyeoznb.jpg

Connect to the modem

6600%20card%20modem_zps95in7cld.jpg

Viola!

6600%20card%20door_zps0ml5td8r.jpg

On 7/4/2018 at 2:35 PM, lacanteen said:

I use a magnet to hold the template, then use a spring loaded punch to mark the holes. 

Connect to the modem

Viola!

Thank you so much for the info/pics! I really appreciate it.

On 7/4/2018 at 2:35 PM, lacanteen said:

Connect to the modem

Viola!

These photos are really helpful, thanks for taking the time.

1 hour ago, cvending said:

My bad. I used seal to text. Does the spacer come with the reader or are they available separately?  Sorry

The OTI swipe (pictured) originally came with the spacer. The current swipe (Vivo-Tech) has spacing built in the design. There is an optional additional spacer, but I haven't need it. 

• 4 weeks later...

If you have two validator holes then the card reader goes in the upper hole and the validator is in the bottom hole.  If there is only one hole then you can mount it in front of the validator bill stacker but only if there is room for a snack mask that spaces the stacker away from the door metal.  If you have a point of sale window (POS) then Royal should have a kit to mount a validator there.

32 minutes ago, Magiccity726 said:

On a Royal 660, where would you mount an eport g10-s? In the area directly above the bill acceptor, there does not appear to be enough room because on the inside of the door, the bill acceptor is in the way. 

You have to remove the bill acceptor while you drill and mount the swipe. We've done hundreds of them. Also, keep the swipe to the right side of the plate you are drilling

Archived