Buying bottle drinks

I’m in the Atlanta area and I’m a small vendor(less than 100 accounts). Right now I only sell can because it’s whats available. However I just lost an account because they wanted to switch to bottles. I buy my product at SAMs and some at vistar. SAMs doesn’t carry 20 oz. bottles and vistare price is $1.28 per bottle. So my question is where do you buy bottles from if you don’t get them from vistar and if you do get them from vistar how do you make any money?

Get ahold of your your local bottlers. I did and they set me up with an account and I started placing orders. They deliver straight to my warehouse. Good idea to know how many cases you average a week so they can give you a pricing tier.

2 hours ago, maestro489 said:

About how many units do you order?

45+ cases /mo from each 

Of you don't think you'll use enough, go the 16.9oz route. You'll have to shop the grocery stores for more variety than Sams offers though

I have a pretty large variety of machines. I’m pretty sure my royal 650 machines would be fine with bottles. It’s the Dixie 368, 501, 414 that I would be concerned with. What would I have to do to sell bottles in these machines if it’s possible at all

For the Dixies you would just run 16.9 one deep.

However capacity is reduced significantly. The only bottles I run through my single price Dixies is 16.9 oz waters. (I use a local brand that has bottles that are perfect for vending.)

Yes... on non-E dixie models, 16.9 oz and 20 oz bottles are limited to 1-deep, and doing 20 oz requires extra parts.  However, 16.0 oz deer park (and related brands) will vend 2-deep in 501's or any other 3-deep machine.  

Archived