Jump to content
57thTom

CONLUX bill accepter

Recommended Posts

A kid told me that he put a $10 bill in the soda machine and it gave him one $1 soda and four dollars in quarters.  This was hours after the money was collected from the machine. There is no accountability, so there was no way for me to check  if a 10 was in the bill box.

I borrowed a 10 from another staff member and went to the machine and put the bill in. It spat it back out so I end for ended the bill and tried again. It took the bill and the display indicated $5 credit.

This isn't a programming problem, right?

The tag on the bill accepter calls it Model No. NBM-3110

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently that bill acceptor is only supposed to accept $1, $5, and Coupons. 

If it takes a $10 note it has a problem, exacerbated by the fact that it thinks a $10 note is a $5 note. 

I'd just replace the bill acceptor with a spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the validator is bad. That model is supposed to accept 1's, 5's & MDB coupons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I figured.

Does it have a core value? I know there is a place in Metro Detroit that does bill accepters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, Conlux is "C"-list peripherals. Plenty of refurbished 2512's out there at reasonable prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BTVFC said:

IMO, Conlux is "C"-list peripherals. Plenty of refurbished 2512's out there at reasonable prices. If you're in love with it, get it serviced and keep it for a spare.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had that same issue occur a few years ago and called the company about it.  I was told it was a programming error when they did the upgrade to the new 5's, but they had no plans to issue a fix for the programming as the validators were no longer being made.  So any conlux upgraded to take new fives will read a 10 as a 5.  We don't see it much since few people will put a 10 in a vending machine....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

I had that same issue occur a few years ago and called the company about it.  I was told it was a programming error when they did the upgrade to the new 5's, but they had no plans to issue a fix for the programming as the validators were no longer being made.  So any conlux upgraded to take new fives will read a 10 as a 5.  We don't see it much since few people will put a 10 in a vending machine....

Did you even find a $10 in it or was he lying.  Dump any Conlux and upgrade it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Did you even find a $10 in it or was he lying.  Dump any Conlux and upgrade it.

I have had it happen with customers about 3 times over the years, and have tested it myself.  I put labels on the front "takes 1's and 5's" or something to that effect.... working on upgrading everything to MEI's sooner or later...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×