Best managing software?

TKK

I do everything with excel but don't like that it isn't linked online to monitor it or do changes. I used to have vendtrack years ago but back then we only had like 6 accounts and now over 100. if I remember someone here would give us a discounted membership to it. Any systems out there that maybe transfer usatech data for daily management? something to keep financials in one place?? what are you guys using?

I use parlevel for my VMS and really like it, lots of features and options.  They can import data from USAT or most other cashless services.  I track location sales in parlevel as well, but do the bulk of my accounting in Quickbooks online. 

I am under an older contract so my prices are a little better, and it depends on if the machine is online or offline.  If all your machines are online then 6 is probably the current monthly rate, if some are offline (no data) then they are a little cheaper.  When it's all up and running you will have savings in efficiency that eclipse the cost.  You get what you pay for.  A caveat with any system is that you are going to have a LOT of data entry in the beginning (location data, machine data, planograms) to get up and running.  Parlevel helps with a lot of that if you can provide them with lists...

AZ theres other options. That's why you ran a 1 million+ per year revenue route, and only kept 2k a month. If I was cheap I wouldn't have 7 2017 and 2018 service vans including sprinters and nprs, and 80% of my machines less than a year old with g10 readers, including new evokes. I just don't think pre kitting would help as glitches would mess us up badly I rather roll out mini warehouses to endure theres always product. 

anyone use vendtrak then?

That's the great thing about owning a business -  you get to do things your own way!  Vendtrak sure looks less expensive, but is it more oriented to bulk operators?  There is also Vendsoft, which looks more oriented to the snack/drink side of the business...

17 hours ago, TKK said:

yes but parlevel is like $6 per machine a month that's too much for me. 4600 a month, 7k a year? theres gotta be something else

VendSoft is a lot cheaper than ParLevel and offers similar functionality (like reading USATech data and pre-kitting). We can offer an additional discount for TVF members. Please send me a personal message here with the number of ePort devices that you have and we will send you an offer.

Did I miss something.  $6 a month with 100 units is $600 a month (not $6000) or were you thinking annual cost.  It still seems worth it to me.  If you talk to Zachary at Dependable Vending he can tell you whether it would work with 100 units.  Message me if you want to talk to him.  He was a featured speaker at NAMA last year.  He has taken that company from one of many independent companies in California to one of the top 3 in the State. I know he also does consulting but he wouldn't charge just to discuss this topic.

yup no vms. its actually 7 trucks but only 4 are running daily, the rest are for moving machines, service, back up. poplady, yes about 7k a year. Its not that its super expensive its that I don't do pre kitting right now, so it seems like overkill. Just want a good software to log in expenses, revenues by location, etc.

Lakecities vendtrak should be much cheaper than that. Ask for a 100 a year price and he will do it.

To answer you're question OP - Do parlevel and dont look back. It's a bit (ok alot) of data entry at the beginning and can be intimidating but a few months down the road you will be wishing you had done it several years earlier. Its you're own personal business manager.

I'm currently using Parlevel but very seriously thinking about going with Vend Sys. Where Parlevel is $6.00 per machine, Vend Sys is only $2 and the warehouse inventory management system seems to be a little more user friendly to me. Plus I plan on integrating our count room to Vend Sys. Don't get me wrong. I love Parlevel but Vend Sys seems to be able to do what I need a little better.

I’ve been using Vendsys for almost 2 years now. It works well, prekitting is pretty accurate on the offline machines, and of course pretty much spot on for online machines. It takes a good 6 months or more to have enough data to prekit. A couple things I don’t like is you can only add logins for routes on the handhelds. If you want to add a user for the system such as for a warehouse manager or office manager or supervisor, you have to email them and have them add it. It doesn’t take but a minute, but I would like to be able to do it myself as well as set permissions for each login. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few other things. But for the most part it serves its purpose and serves it well. Anytime I have had a problem, even after hours, I have been able to reach someone by phone and get it resolved in just a few minutes. 

You can use a Motorola handheld (mc75 or the like) with a dex cord, or some android based tablets with a blu dex. They do not have an iPhone app. I like the ability to put barcodes on my asset labels and scan them using the Motorola handheld to bring up the service for that machine. You can also barcode your money bags. Once you have the barcodes for the products set up, you can do inventory or do product changes by scanning them. 

4 hours ago, TKK said:

Vendsys doesnt have alot of info on their website :(

I would call them and talk to them, they were willing to do an online demo with me after hours when I was looking into software before. 

Archived