what to buy from lowes or home depot for Saeco Rubino water line to machine main?

craig in FL

hello all. i need to connect a 3/8 inch white nylon water hose that is totally standard to the back of a saeco rubino sg-200 machine. the company said to use a 3/8 natural gas connector but the round copper compression ring insert is too small for the hose.

what to do? please help! thanks in advance!

The "company" that told you this is stupid.  Natural gas connector?  Idiots.  That is only for natural gas.  You only need a 1/4" supply line but you will need a proper sized intermediate fitting on the back of the machine that mates from that fitting to the 1/4" line.  If you can't figure this out then why are you in this business?  These machines are a pain in the golpher and you'll surely be here to ask other questions such as how to set it up and where to get parts - which are nearly unavailable now.  It's really just common sense.  Go into your Ace Hardware and get a couple of fittings that might fit the machine.  Then when you have one that fits go back to Ace and ask them how to connect 1/4" poly tubing to it.  But that's just half the battle because you also have to connect it to your supply.  

hello AZVendor, thanks for replying. This is not my business. I bought a business with 2 of these machines already plumbed into a water line. I have done much work on them over the past 4 years, including changing the poorly designed elbow, and many other things. The two machines are on free vend. Then due to my 2nd machine losing its heat sensor on the boiler and overheating and melting all the wires near it, i bought 6 of these machines from a local vendor for $1,500 total. I installed the replacement machine by using the already existing water main connection.

For the current issue, as a favor to a landlord who lets me store two trailers and a box truck in a corner of a parking lot, I gave him one of the 6 machines. All works except they want to draw the water source from a water line and not the tank.

So that is where i ran into this problem. The water line they have is 3/8 but can easily be press fit adapted to 1/4. What i need is what you called the "intermediate connection".

The company that told me to use a gas connector was Saeco, it's in their manual. It says that in straight english words black and white text. 

It says on page 16, quote: :Use a 3/8 gas-type connection."

The link to the manual is here:

http://www.espressocafe.ro/download/manual/manual_saeco_group_200.pdf

So this is my first time plumbing in a machines to a water main.

Thanks again!

saeco gas.png

3 hours ago, craig in FL said:

please ignore this reply, it was to subscribe to the thread.

JSYK, you can subscribe to a thread by hitting the “follow” button at the bottom of the page and selecting your preferences.

Hope someone can help with your problem. 😃

13 hours ago, craig in FL said:

hello AZVendor, thanks for replying. This is not my business. I bought a business with 2 of these machines already plumbed into a water line. I have done much work on them over the past 4 years, including changing the poorly designed elbow, and many other things. The two machines are on free vend. Then due to my 2nd machine losing its heat sensor on the boiler and overheating and melting all the wires near it, i bought 6 of these machines from a local vendor for $1,500 total. I installed the replacement machine by using the already existing water main connection.

For the current issue, as a favor to a landlord who lets me store two trailers and a box truck in a corner of a parking lot, I gave him one of the 6 machines. All works except they want to draw the water source from a water line and not the tank.

So that is where i ran into this problem. The water line they have is 3/8 but can easily be press fit adapted to 1/4. What i need is what you called the "intermediate connection".

The company that told me to use a gas connector was Saeco, it's in their manual. It says that in straight english words black and white text. 

It says on page 16, quote: :Use a 3/8 gas-type connection."

The link to the manual is here:

http://www.espressocafe.ro/download/manual/manual_saeco_group_200.pdf

So this is my first time plumbing in a machines to a water main.

Thanks again!

saeco gas.png

Probably means compressed gas and not natural gas fitting.

What I would do is find a plumbing company that installs in home reverse osmosis systems to do the work. One, he will probably have all the necessary stuff to connect small potable water lines on his truck. Two, it shields your from liability. If it ever fails and floods his place you can point to the plumber and say “not me.”

Archived