Lost my 1st machine to damage yesterday

Had a GPL 171 snack machine at a customer that did decent. One of the employees shook the machine yesterday because his pastry got stuck instead of going to the front office to get a refund (they have change I left for refunds), when he shook it one of the legs pinched the power cord and caused a short. Now the machine won’t power on, checked the fuse and the breaker and nothing. The manager there decided he wanted me to leave the non-working machine for a couple weeks so the employees have to look at it sitting empty to see if they will tell us who did it. 

I just wonder if it is even worth putting another machine in there or if I should just pull them out. We have had problems with them shaking it before trying to get freebies. They shook it so hard a couple times they busted the Sheetrock behind it. 

It's always frustrating to have those things happen.  Only you can decide if it's worth leaving, it may only take a new power cord to get it working again.  It's a little bit juvenile of the manager to punish the whole shop by wanting it left empty, not to mention punishing you with lost sales....

As far as the shaking goes, is there a drink machine beside it also?  You can get inexpensive brackets from graphics that pop to tie the 2 machines together, and that should cut out the snack machine being shaken.  They also have wall brackets if you want to ask the location if you can drill into their walls.

1 hour ago, Jchunn28 said:

Had a GPL 171 snack machine at a customer that did decent. One of the employees shook the machine yesterday because his pastry got stuck instead of going to the front office to get a refund (they have change I left for refunds), when he shook it one of the legs pinched the power cord and caused a short. Now the machine won’t power on, checked the fuse and the breaker and nothing. The manager there decided he wanted me to leave the non-working machine for a couple weeks so the employees have to look at it sitting empty to see if they will tell us who did it. 

I just wonder if it is even worth putting another machine in there or if I should just pull them out. We have had problems with them shaking it before trying to get freebies. They shook it so hard a couple times they busted the Sheetrock behind it. 

Yep, we've all been there.  Seems like thieves just get a thrill out of the fact they can steal something.  You could try sand in the bottom next time or the surefire way is to bolt it to the wall.

Just slap a new power cord on, shouldn’t have fried anything. Check the locations circuit breaker though too.

To prevent further damage try putting sand in the bottom or using L brackets to bolt it to the wall.

They won’t let me attach it to the wall since the building is less than a year old. I’m going to pick it up and get it to the shop to check it out and see if I can get it working again. In the meantime I have a 3 wide I’m going to take to replace it and already have some concrete cylinders ready to go with it. 

Archived