Bevmax 4 issues

I have issue it is showing no sales available message on the machine. In the error it is showing XHome, The tech from Crane asked me to do plumb the vend mechanism.

Bevmax machines are giving most trouble to me of all my machines.I am having at least one issue or other from these machines. Two are coke Bevmax 4 from Coke and one is mine which I had upgrade done from Bevmax three to Bevmax 4.

I thought these machines were reliable but they are giving the most headaches to me.

Thanks for your help.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:09 PM, lacanteen said:

The X home switch is at the top of the Y axis. The machine needs to be level, and the Y carriage must be vertical. Here are all of the adjustments:

https://vendiscuss.net/files/file/107-dixie-narco-bev-max-2-full-update-2010/

Thanks for your help.

The problem  again happened three times in last one week. The coke technician came in and swapped the X motor.

I spoke to Crane tech also, they advised to swap the xmotor and thats what Coke tech did.

Machine is Coke BevMax from Coke 5800-4 2018 model.

This is what is happening, once we clear the error machine works fine for  a day and then it shows  "no sales available" and just stops vending.

Don't know what to do, this is third interruption in one week.

The location is getting pissed off at me. The coke guys are  also stumped.

Thanks again for your help.

Not sure if I should start a new thread or what but it’s a Bev max 4 issue. 

My Bevmax 4 is a mess. 

The plunger on the cup is not pushing the gate lever far enough So it leaves the product halfway through the gate. 

Then the cup continues the vend cycle and gives a credit plus putting the selection sold out. 

Occasionally the product falls to the bottom and blocks the next vend cycle giving it a vend error.

There’s some spillage from a monster that popped open. I have cleaned and cleaned it but the goo keeps appearing. Is the cup assembly easy to remove and clean? I’m fairly handy with this stuff but have never taken off a picker cup. My dad is a TV repairman and has an awesome set of tools! 😂

So I get a call first thing this morning that it not working. 😣

I get there and the plunger is stuck out and has the cup jammed on a shelf. 

I removed the cup assembly and pulled the plunger assembly apart and found it pretty clogged with syrup. Wiped it all out, reassembled and tested. Was working good when I left 2 hours later. 

6 hours ago, petersvending said:

This thread has changed my mind in regards to getting a BevMax 4 for my new location I am getting. 

If you want a glass front the Bevmax 4 is the only one to get.

Yes, it’s less reliable than a stack machine, but all glassfronts are. As far as glassfronts go Bev 4s are very good.

The other glassfronts aren’t even close in reliablility.

On 8/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, petersvending said:

This thread has changed my mind in regards to getting a BevMax 4 for my new location I am getting. 

MY two cents if you can get away with stackers, you should never go for glass front..They have been nothing but trouble for me.

I replaced the picker cup with a new unit and seems to have resolved all my issues. It’s been 2 days now with no service calls. I believe it was just the micro switch on the bottom of the picker cup that was the cause of all the problems. The factory diagnostics said it was a switch issue. A whole new assembly at least covered some of it. I paid $415 for it which was shipped 2 day air. 

I had to buy a picker cup in the past but I couldn't use it as a replacement because it was the old short version.  Between the plunger, all of the gears that operate the plunger, and the switch, it's a pretty complicated piece.  I remember that I had to replace a disk-looking piece and a switch for my issue, but I ended up just ordering a whole new assembly like you did because I wanted to just resolve the issue asap.  Nothing wrong with paying the $415.  I just hope it's a good account!

Archived