What spray paint is closest to factory Dixie?

9 hours ago, orsd said:

Touch ups always look like golpher.

Either respray or go buy some decals.

Like the “this machine accepts dollar coins” or the “calories count, check then choose” decals from NBS.

Then strategically use them to cover the spots.

http://www.nbsinc.net/media/wysiwyg/CMS-media/Cold_Drink_Catalog_09-2014.pdf

That’s a great idea on the front but would look odd on the corners. 

Paint the whole thing.  As everyone else said, spot painting looks bad.  If you don't want to spray the paint,  don't brush it on.  ROLL it.  We started painting our machines by rolling the paint and they come out looking FANTASTIC.  Rolling the paint on will also cover up those deeper scratches or previous paint chips, where spraying sometimes highlights those areas.  I can find out which rollers my service department uses for you if you would like.  :) 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:42 AM, flintflash said:

Paint the whole thing.  As everyone else said, spot painting looks bad.  If you don't want to spray the paint,  don't brush it on.  ROLL it.  We started painting our machines by rolling the paint and they come out looking FANTASTIC.  Rolling the paint on will also cover up those deeper scratches or previous paint chips, where spraying sometimes highlights those areas.  I can find out which rollers my service department uses for you if you would like.  :) 

What type of paint? enamel? Other? A specific brand?

sanding necessary?

1 hour ago, Coal River Vending said:

sanding necessary?

I always used Rustoleum. You can buy it in quart cans which will do two  complete machines.  I used Satin Black with a 1/4 nap roller.  Always looked great.  You'll find that the paint sticks better if you give it a light sanding first, maybe 100 grit on a pad sander.

10 hours ago, Coal River Vending said:

sanding necessary?

Yep, just like Moondog, we use Rustoleum Satin Black. We use a small palm sander to smooth out imperfections in the old paint and to take that original smooth sheen off, so that the paint rolls on nice and adheres well to the machine.  We use the same on our snack machines as well.  Typically, we will TufFront the face of the machine and paint the sides, top, and back.  We use 1/4 rollers or 3/8 for a nice textured look on the snack machines.  The machines look brand new when we're finished.  

• 2 months later...

I am working on my 5591 DN and I sanded it down with a 200 grit and then used a quality primer filler and then use the Rustoleum gloss black with a 1/4 nap roller. Well I think is did something wrong I didn't like the results,some sections look good but other don't. Those sections have alot of tiny little bobbles in the paint. I rolled it the second time and still looks the same. I was recommended to mix the Rustoleum paint with mineral spirit. I need help guys. What is the reason of the bad spots? 

Did you wash and dry it first or use cheesecloth to remove all the dust before painting?  Did you do all the same prep to all sides?  Any variation could give you different results.  Are you painting in a cold environment?  Is that why you diluted it?

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

Did you wash and dry it first or use cheesecloth to remove all the dust before painting?  Did you do all the same prep to all sides?  Any variation could give you different results.  Are you painting in a cold environment?  Is that why you diluted it?

I didn't use the cheese cloth but I did washed it with a microfiber cloth many times with water. I am in Arizona I did it yesterday around 4 pm so it was warm outside. I was told by homedepot to dilute the paint. I feel bad about this project not going the way I wanted. I didn't sand after the primer should of have done it? I also waited to paint after the primer was nice and dry. But I did notice a few spots with painting with the primer it form tiny bubbles very little. I think I should've stop and sand it down. 

On 11/4/2018 at 4:26 PM, JJs Vending said:

I am working on my 5591 DN and I sanded it down with a 200 grit and then used a quality primer filler and then use the Rustoleum gloss black with a 1/4 nap roller. Well I think is did something wrong I didn't like the results,some sections look good but other don't. Those sections have alot of tiny little bobbles in the paint. I rolled it the second time and still looks the same. I was recommended to mix the Rustoleum paint with mineral spirit. I need help guys. What is the reason of the bad spots? 

I had that happen as well. Rewarded and repainted using s new roller. Looked great. 

On 11/4/2018 at 7:03 PM, JJs Vending said:

I didn't use the cheese cloth but I did washed it with a microfiber cloth many times with water. I am in Arizona I did it yesterday around 4 pm so it was warm outside. I was told by homedepot to dilute the paint. I feel bad about this project not going the way I wanted. I didn't sand after the primer should of have done it? I also waited to paint after the primer was nice and dry. But I did notice a few spots with painting with the primer it form tiny bubbles very little. I think I should've stop and sand it down. 

Don’t feel bad, painting has a learning curve. My first attempts all looked like golpher, and I had to redo most of them.

Were you rolling it over and over again to try to smooth it out? That will cause the primer to soften and mix into the paint and create bubbles. (If you didn’t let the primer dry thoroughly beforehand)

Also, thin with acetone. 

Archived