Yay, I have no idea what I'm doing!

cadillacmusic

Hi everybody. Meekly poking my head in to see what's up here. I'm not a vending person.  Strike that - I wasn't a vending person until two weeks ago. I was a pinball and arcade tech. About 14 days ago, my boss asked me to help with the vending side of the business a couple of days a week. Summer is slow for amusement, so I figured it couldn't hurt. I'd haul some pop around, big deal.

Well, it quickly turned from helping out to "Guess what, you're running everything now". The previous vending woman, with 36 years in the business, has moved to another state. Her intended replacement ended up being a no-show. I got maybe 20 hours of training total, including visiting all our locations. I can fix a 1980 Bally solid state pinball in my sleep, but I barely know my LS from my elbow. I'm trying my best, but I have a million questions. Is it best to ask them here, or in the general food and drink section? I don't want to harass anyone, but I have no clue about so many things!

Definitely food and beverage.

Welcome to the site and to the vending community. It sounds like you have a very good opertunity in front of you. Good workers are hard to come by nowadays and if you make yourself indispensible to your boss (without letting them take advantage of your willingness to work), you could do very well in the bussiness.

Don’t let lack of knowledge daunt you and never be afraid to ask questions. The people here are extremely helpful and supportive.

I hope you go far.

Archived