What would people think of VENDiscuss adding a Micro Market forum? It seems a form of Beverage and Food so I had thought people could discuss it in this forum, but now I am wondering if it should be a forum section on it's own, possibly a sub-forum of this one?

I figured I could check out the communities thoughts on this idea.

I don't do micro markets, and I firmly believe that micro markets are different from typical vending machine operators, but here's the thing:  the vast majority of companies that operate micro markets are large companies that either don't get involved with this forum or they are medium-sized companies that operate both micro markets and full-line.  There are simply so few people involved with micro markets compared to more common vending niches (vending machines, bulk, etc..) that I think it would be kind of dead.  On the other hand, what's the harm in adding another section?

It is part of the beverage and snack platform.  Right now we have several vendors setting them up.  Probably lots of questions for anyone considering doing their first one, 2nd or 3rd one.  We have learned a lot since we started offering them which might help vendors.  I just bid on one serving one of those office for rent locations where people can only use the place as needed, we got the bid so now we wait to see how it did.

I am very much in favor of adding a section just for micro markets.

• Like 1

It would help prevent the Micro market discussions from getting buried within the Food and Beverage section.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I don't do micro markets, and I firmly believe that micro markets are different from typical vending machine operators, but here's the thing:  the vast majority of companies that operate micro markets are large companies that either don't get involved with this forum or they are medium-sized companies that operate both micro markets and full-line.  There are simply so few people involved with micro markets compared to more common vending niches (vending machines, bulk, etc..) that I think it would be kind of dead.  On the other hand, what's the harm in adding another section?

Chris you might do them now they have a smaller setup.  http://www.parlevelsystems.com/micro-market-mini-2/ One of my vending companies (mid-size) is focusing on office accounts with a breakroom and employee count from 80 to 125.  He says those are easier to find and he sets-up a smaller market.  He told me he converted some of his existing accounts from drink snack to smaller market.  According to his email it went from a 100 bucks a week to double.  He puts in two racks, a couple micro-wave, 1 bottle drop drink machine set on free vend and one cooler for food.  You can findf the racks and coolers on Craigs List.  Just something to think about that might open a new revenue stream

You might as well create it since the machine industry is saddly devolving to micro markets.  I say saddly since it means fewer machines for vending techs to repair.

Yes, you should try it. It should be interesting reading since that part of the industry is still evolving.

I would like to see it. There are several locations in my area going to micro markets so I would like to learn more. The future in vending is here now.

Another forum heading will be just as diluted than if it stayed here. Look at the coffee forum, the most recent post is from July 28. In the amusement forum, there are only 3 threads with activity from this month. But, this isn't my sandbox so I'll play nice. 

garfield-leisure-beach.jpg

Except that a new sub-forum might drive more traffic to the site after Google and the other bots crawl the web and find it.  That could work out better for the site.

• Thanks 1