57thTom

How long do commodity wheels last?

The sugar wasn't enough in the coffee so I looked and the wheel wasn't turning. The tech said he would bring 5 of them for me, since I need them. He is going to get them from old machines, but I wonder how long the wheels last. How long should the service life be?

IMG_20180813_155328[1]

That wheel appears to be from an Automaitc Products/RMI machine if so the sugar canister should not have a wheel in it.

I'll borrow a gram scale from a former drug dealer and check the throws on the machines. Then I can make a good response.

I don't care if you use one or not, just thought you should be aware that they didn't have one originally.

Should they be in the cream and coffee?

Posted (edited)

Do you really not know how to look at an AP 213 parts manual?  They show all the parts in the respective canisters.  There are different spout designs for different products too so it sounds like whoever sold you this machine didn't pay attention to what canister went where in the machine.  Based on the other issues you've had this person knows nothing about 213s but you bought it from them anyway.  The mixing wheels last forever when used properly, it's the canisters that wear out, spouts that wear out and rear bearings on the spirals that wear out.  Spouts get brittle from the heater strip above them, the canisters get bowed out (usually on the tall chocolate canister) and the rear bearings can break if the canister gets compacted.

Edited by AZVendor

I didn't buy the machine.

The company that the machine came from has been around since 1939. Right now they are expanding.  They have locations in 13 counties. They are large.....very large.

It appears that the Great Recession of 2008 didn't put a halt to them doing business.

On 8/13/2018 at 8:51 PM, venddoctor said:

I don't care if you use one or not,

I don't either. It's time to start collecting my Social Security.

Bye!

6 hours ago, 57thTom said:

I don't either. It's time to start collecting my Social Security.

Bye!

Retiring?

On 8/19/2018 at 12:58 AM, orsd said:

Retiring?

Sort of. Does any poverty struck person really retire in America?