Help with skew sensor

Good morning, I'm hoping someone might shine some help my way. I've got a soda machine with a coinco BA30B which is giving error flashes for a "skew sensor" but I can't find anything at all about that anywhere. It still takes coins, but will not accept bills. Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks, Kevin

I don't know very much about these, which is why I was asking the experts. I'm getting 16 flashes (I've counted it many times to make sure) and the legend below says to "Check skew sensors", so I'm guessing I have a unique problem because no one knows what it is.

IMG_0671.JPG

Here is a link to the service manual for your Coinco: http://monstervending.com/manualspdf/coinco/BA30/Operation-Service-Manual.pdf

Midway through is the “troubleshooting” section. Looking up your number of flashes it indicates that the “left position sensor” is what is giving you problems.

I have very little experience with validators, so I can’t really lend any advice, but scroll down a few pages in troubleshooting and look up 16 flashes and there are a few steps you can follow there.

Hope this helps!

Benjamin

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

You typed something wrong since there is no such error.  If you have sufficient coins in your nickle tube then it's probably time to get it rebuiltm

Why would anyone (in their right mind) want to pay to rebuild a BA30?  This is one of the worst validators ever made.  Scrap it and buy a 2512

6 hours ago, hopsingracer said:

Good morning, I'm hoping someone might shine some help my way. I've got a soda machine with a coinco BA30B which is giving error flashes for a "skew sensor" but I can't find anything at all about that anywhere. It still takes coins, but will not accept bills. Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks, Kevin

Dump that dinosauer and get a 2512 (with harness)

Pull the lower wedge, clean all the sensor covers or sensors, if exposed, on the wedge with a q-tip dipped in alcohol or mild cleanser

Do the same to the matching upper sensors inside

wipe down bill path on upper and lower wedge

clean the guide belts and center belt or guide wheel with warm damp rag

make sure anti-cheat lever moves freely with no burrs on it

If that doesn't fix it, take the $50 or so it would take to repair it and put it towards a Rebuilt Mars

4 hours ago, hopsingracer said:

All, thanks for the advice. Any comments on the Mag50? I only ask because it is a direct replacement (117v vs 24v on the 2512). I don't want to get in over my expertise level which is admittedly very low.

It depends on whether the machine is MDB, as to which validator you use. The Mags (30 & 50) support both MDB and pulse, using the appropriate harness. if the machine isn't MDB, the 115v version of the 2512 is the 2511. The model # of your changer is a clue as to the type of interface.

I literally throw coinco BA's in the garbage when they start having problems.  The good ones last forever.  The bad ones break down constantly.  Mars tend to either rarely need to be repaired or they need repaired maybe every 3 years or so on average.

On 8/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, hopsingracer said:

All, thanks for the advice. Any comments on the Mag50? I only ask because it is a direct replacement (117v vs 24v on the 2512). I don't want to get in over my expertise level which is admittedly very low.

Post the make and model of your machine.

Also, Mars makes a 110v validator, the 2511.

Archived