In California Sams Charges 10 Cents Per Can CRV (deposit) For Kerns Nectar, Should Be 5 Cents?

fhamann

I live in Orange, California.  For several months I noticed when I buy a case of 24 Kern's Nectar (11.5 oz Al can) at Sams Club, the CRV (deposit) is $2.40, or 10 cents per can.  Every other drink I buy at Sams the CRV charge is 5 cents.  Sams charges 5 cents for every other drink in 12 oz cans, 16 oz Monster, 20 oz Gatorade etc, etc.  I have asked the checkout clerk several times why they charge 10 cents for Kerns.  They do not know why and nothing changes.  This has happened at more than one Sams I have been to.

Can anyone on this forum explain why Sams charges 10 cents for Kerns CRV instead of 5 cents?

Typical response from Sam's Club management. They can't do anything on their own. We used to order products to pick up the next day only to find that we couldn't get what we saw was in stock because the SKU changed overnight and they wouldn't sell it under the old SKU. They made us reorder it and wait another day to get what they had all along. Asinine management.

Try contacting Sam's corporate customer service over the phone. You may (or may not) reach someone who has a clue. Or, contact the CA Dept of revenue and report them for overcharging CRV.

• 1 month later...

Sams still charges 10 cents per can California CRV for Kerns Variety pack.  It should only be 5 cents per can.  I have mentioned this issue to the store every time I buy a case.  They say they cannot do anything about this obvious error in their computer.  I called a number on Sams web page.  The guy said he would open a "help ticket" and send me a $50 gift certificate for my troubles.  Lets see if this problem gets solved.

2 minutes ago, fhamann said:

Sams still charges 10 cents per can California CRV for Kerns Variety pack.  It should only be 5 cents per can.  I have mentioned this issue to the store every time I buy a case.  They say they cannot do anything about this obvious error in their computer.  I called a number on Sams web page.  The guy said he would open a "help ticket" and send me a $50 gift certificate for my troubles.  Lets see if this problem gets solved.

The crv program is administered by CalRecycle. They may be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived