Cummins JetWrap 2012 rollers locked up

candmvend

Works perfect till time to shoot the paper around coin stack, then paper just wads up because the black vertical rollers are not spinning.  Anyone know the trick(s) to getting into that sub-assembly so I can try to see whats causing this?

Cummins rollers.jpg

Could be the rollers are worn or the motor, or sensor.  Cummins will not sell you any parts, you have to go to an authorized dealer.  Most dealers won't sell you parts either, you would have to have them repair it.  If it is a sensor, that is the easiest fix, replacing rollers, and you are pulling half the machine apart.

Find your Cummins dealer to do repairs.  ALSO, talk to them about a Maintenance program.  It is worth the extra money.  We have one for our Jetsort coin counter and it covers ALL repairs except for replacing the sort pad and the sort head.  I've had sensors replaced, boards replaced, even the sort tray replaced at no cost because it is covered in the maintenance agreement.  Definitely worth a look at!

2 hours ago, candmvend said:

Good advice, I'll check into that.  Is the maintenance done at your location?

Thanks.

Yep.  They schedule a time and the guy comes out, checks everything over, cleans it up and repairs anything that needs it.  Because we have the maintenance agreement, anything that should go wrong is repaired and/or replaced under warranty, except normal wear items like the sort pad (should be changed after so much usage) and the sort head (which doesn't break, just wears out).  I know you are working with a coin roller, but I would imagine they would have the same type of maintenance agreement for all their equipment.

Archived