TVF Fantasy Football

moondog

Harumph, harumph, harumph,

Well, as promised, I have the random draft order (created by Yahoo) for you, so you can think about our upcoming draft this Monday evening (5:00 Pst).

The draft order is as follows:

1.  Our newcomer "The Bagpipes" will start things off (hopfully he takes Gurley, just to piss Kiwi off)

2, Kiwi - what ever will he do with Gurley gone?  He'll need to get his mutton fix some other way this year.

3. The Force, me.

4 Show Me Your Td's

5 The Scrubs, my other team, which will attempt to take players outside the top 100.  I'm not sure how this is going to work yet as I only have one computer and am unsure how I can draft two teams.  If yahoo ends up drafting the Scrubs, then I'll just drop them and add the true scrubs later which should make The King happy since he'll have top waiver priority since he's drafting last.  Unfortunately Mrs. K never came up for air on joining our league which means I had to create the Scrubs to even things out.  Looks like she'll be spending another season with only Kiwi for entertainment - seems rather droll to me.

6. Last (and hopefully least) will be The Crown aka the King

Seriously, don’t expect me to make any decent picks. I’ve been too busy to even give this much thought so far.

My thought process will be along these lines: “Ew, no, his hair is way too long... That guy sounds familiar! I pick him!” I’ll try not to step on anyone’s toes. It’s one thing to be mediocre, it’s another to ruin other people’s fun while doing it.

48 minutes ago, VAVending said:

Seriously, don’t expect me to make any decent picks. I’ve been too busy to even give this much thought so far.

My thought process will be along these lines: “Ew, no, his hair is way too long... That guy sounds familiar! I pick him!” I’ll try not to step on anyone’s toes. It’s one thing to be mediocre, it’s another to ruin other people’s fun while doing it.

As long as you take Todd Gurley 1st, you'll make the majority of us happy.  And don't worry about ruining anybodies' fun - we're only here because we enjoy being frustrated

11 hours ago, moondog said:

Well, as promised, I have the random draft order (created by Yahoo) for you, so you can think about our upcoming draft this Monday evening (5:00 Pst).

The draft order is as follows:

1.  Our newcomer "The Bagpipes" will start things off (hopfully he takes Gurley, just to piss Kiwi off)

2, Kiwi - what ever will he do with Gurley gone?  He'll need to get his mutton fix some other way this year.

3. The Force, me.

4 Show Me Your Td's

5 The Scrubs, my other team, which will attempt to take players outside the top 100.  I'm not sure how this is going to work yet as I only have one computer and am unsure how I can draft two teams.  If yahoo ends up drafting the Scrubs, then I'll just drop them and add the true scrubs later which should make The King happy since he'll have top waiver priority since he's drafting last.  Unfortunately Mrs. K never came up for air on joining our league which means I had to create the Scrubs to even things out.  Looks like she'll be spending another season with only Kiwi for entertainment - seems rather droll to me.

6. Last (and hopefully least) will be The Crown aka the King

Well;

I think I've solved my Scrubs problem.  I set up a predraft order you can use if you don't expect to make the live draft,, This is not a pretty team but it does have some potential so, to be fair I'll use Yahoo's projections to decide who I start each week so we're all playing on a level field.  While some of these guys might end up as breakout stars some of them are currently not on a team and most will require a major injury to the guy ahead of them to even see the field.  The only changes I will make to the Scrubs will come during bye weeks and injury situations or if somebody is so deep on the depth chart they have a zero yahoo projection.

1 hour ago, moondog said:

Well;

I think I've solved my Scrubs problem.  I set up a predraft order you can use if you don't expect to make the live draft,, This is not a pretty team but it does have some potential so, to be fair I'll use Yahoo's projections to decide who I start each week so we're all playing on a level field.  While some of these guys might end up as breakout stars some of them are currently not on a team and most will require a major injury to the guy ahead of them to even see the field.  The only changes I will make to the Scrubs will come during bye weeks and injury situations or if somebody is so deep on the depth chart they have a zero yahoo projection.

So this means if something comes up and I can’t make it, I can set my general preferences and get at least some of the people I want? Or do I have to stick to the yahoo numbers?

Im planning to make it but my schedule is always up in the air, especially on monday nights (Tuesday is snack route day.)

This only works if you're picking guys way outside of where anybody might pick them.  Since the scrubs only have players outside the top 100 it's unlikely anybody will pick one of them so it should be automatic.  If you set up your list and somebody picks that guy before you get him then Yahoo will pick the highest ranked guy from their list.

30 minutes ago, moondog said:

This only works if you're picking guys way outside of where anybody might pick them.  Since the scrubs only have players outside the top 100 it's unlikely anybody will pick one of them so it should be automatic.  If you set up your list and somebody picks that guy before you get him then Yahoo will pick the highest ranked guy from their list.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

12 hours ago, VAVending said:

Made sure to nab Gurley, hope you’re happy Moondog.

Yep, I'm sure it threw Kiwi into a complete tail spin,  That was a sneaky good draft you had, by the way.  Once you figure out that you don't leave Rodgers and the Jags defense on the bench, we could all be in for some real trouble.  Did you do this on your own or did you get help from your sisters?

9 minutes ago, moondog said:

Yep, I'm sure it threw Kiwi into a complete tail spin,  That was a sneaky good draft you had, by the way.  Once you figure out that you don't leave Rodgers and the Jags defense on the bench, we could all be in for some real trouble.  Did you do this on your own or did you get help from your sisters?

On my own, based on snippets I’ve heard about contracts and season prediction and whatnot. Nothing substantial.

I know that Rodgers is predicted to do amazingly, but (in my ignorant state) I feel like aside from the huge amount of money he’s just been paid there isn’t any proof he will do well.

Brady is dependable imo, just based on his numbers, and Garoppolo did quite well last year and is being treated like SF secret weapon.

As far as defense, I’m clueless, so if you say Jax then so be it.

Well, the draft is in the bag and it looks like we're all pretty even.  I currently have the highest projection for week one but that could change if Kiwi decides he needs a defense.  I suspect he's just being contrarian as usual (no wonder Mrs, K didn't want to play)  Since he's only playing the Scrubs this week, I won't attempt to change it for him.  If he wants 5 to 10 less points, that's fine by me.

I did make a couple of changes to the Scrubs as it seems a couple of the guys I prepicked were not going to be playing anytime soon.  But they are still 50 point underdogs which was by design.  You'll need to really F up to lose to the Scrubs.

And our rookie had a suspiciously good draft,  Once he figures out how to set his lineup, we could all be in for some serious trouble.

13 minutes ago, VAVending said:

On my own, based on snippets I’ve heard about contracts and season prediction and whatnot. Nothing substantial.

I know that Rodgers is predicted to do amazingly, but (in my ignorant state) I feel like aside from the huge amount of money he’s just been paid there isn’t any proof he will do well.

Brady is dependable imo, just based on his numbers, and Garoppolo did quite well last year and is being treated like SF secret weapon.

As far as defense, I’m clueless, so if you say Jax then so be it.

At this point we're all clueless about Defenses.  We all know who the really good ones were last year but have no clue who will be terrible yet.  Jaxsonville is considered the best defense at this point but that could change as they've lost a couple of guys.  Roders is considered #1 and Brady is always solid (even though he went to school with Moses).  Garappolo is the best question  mark as he just lost his main running back for the season and defenses can key on  his passing attack more without a viable running game.

6 minutes ago, moondog said:

At this point we're all clueless about Defenses.  We all know who the really good ones were last year but have no clue who will be terrible yet.  Jaxsonville is considered the best defense at this point but that could change as they've lost a couple of guys.  Roders is considered #1 and Brady is always solid (even though he went to school with Moses).  Garappolo is the best question  mark as he just lost his main running back for the season and defenses can key on  his passing attack more without a viable running game.

I think I understood all of that...! I’m getting better!

On 9/5/2018 at 2:36 AM, moondog said:

Well, the draft is in the bag and it looks like we're all pretty even.  I currently have the highest projection for week one but that could change if Kiwi decides he needs a defense.  I suspect he's just being contrarian as usual (no wonder Mrs, K didn't want to play)  Since he's only playing the Scrubs this week, I won't attempt to change it for him.  If he wants 5 to 10 less points, that's fine by me.

Why are you always so worried about what l am doing.. if you put as much effort into your own team you might actually win a championship! 😁

As for my team.. maybe I should've let my wife draft for me as l am sure that she would've done a better job than me.

Why l selected Deshaun Watson with my 3rd round pick instead of going with Julio Jones may haunt me for the rest of the season. 

But it still doesn't beat you using your first round pick on Spencer Ware a couple of years back 😂😂😂

You must've had too many 🍻 that day!!

Good luck everyone.. l can't wait for kickoff!!

I don't mind if l win or loose aslong as the King kicks your golpher!!

😂😋😁

2 hours ago, kiwi said:

Why are you always so worried about what l am doing.. if you put as much effort into your own team you might actually win a championship! 😁

As for my team.. maybe I should've let my wife draft for me as l am sure that she would've done a better job than me.

Why l selected Deshaun Watson with my 3rd round pick instead of going with Julio Jones may haunt me for the rest of the season. 

But it still doesn't beat you using your first round pick on Spencer Ware a couple of years back 😂😂😂

You must've had too many 🍻 that day!!

Good luck everyone.. l can't wait for kickoff!!

I don't mind if l win or loose aslong as the King kicks your golpher!!

😂😋😁

Yep, I think we all jumped on the Qb wagon a little sooner than we expected to.  Seems like somebody jumped early and we all felt the need to grab a good one while they lasted.  And if you'll recall Spencer Ware scored about 30 something points his 1st game that year which was a hell of a lot better than anybody else I should have picked.  The bigger blunder was picking Arizona's defense second before I realized I had set the auto draft function which I had loaded with deep sleepers.  As for Julio, I'm done with him - tired of watching him get tackled on the one yard line and somebody else scores all the points.  You're probably better off with Watson.

I forgot all about your Arizona pick! I think that l laughed so much at the time that l nearly fell off my chair 😁

This 2x QB system is new to me so things kinda took me by surprise. 

It also too me awhile to realize that the scrubs were set to pick player's outsiďe of the top 100.. so I kinďa had pre decided that l was going to go for a QB in round 3 without actually taking notice of the other players still left on the board. 

I didn't really want Julio but l think that l probably could've packaged him in a trade for an upgrade at RB or QB.

I should've told you that the Mrs would've managed the scrubs. But l don't think that she would touch them now 😁

5 hours ago, kiwi said:

I forgot all about your Arizona pick! I think that l laughed so much at the time that l nearly fell off my chair 😁

This 2x QB system is new to me so things kinda took me by surprise. 

It also too me awhile to realize that the scrubs were set to pick player's outsiďe of the top 100.. so I kinďa had pre decided that l was going to go for a QB in round 3 without actually taking notice of the other players still left on the board. 

I didn't really want Julio but l think that l probably could've packaged him in a trade for an upgrade at RB or QB.

I should've told you that the Mrs would've managed the scrubs. But l don't think that she would touch them now 😁

She could still have them.  There are a lot of great players still left on the board that by the rules, the Scrubs can't pick up so they're just sitting there.

The 2 Qb system was installed to reduce the number of good Qb's sitting as free agents.  Unfortunately, with only 5 real teams drafting, there's still a bunch of them left.

4 hours ago, VAVending said:

And Ajayi made 2 touchdowns last night... darn.

Why do I get a feeling my bench is going to score really well?

Just wait until your entire bench outscores all of your starters if you want some real frustration.  It's happened to me more times than I care to remember.

1 minute ago, moondog said:

Just wait until your entire bench outscores all of your starters if you want some real frustration.  It's happened to me more times than I care to remember.

Looking forward to it. :[

Archived