Oak branded key needed

The Crippler

Hello,

i have a new route and one of the keys I have is a tubular key with the word “OAK” on it. I only have one key and it is starting to degrade and crack. It fits into a star shaped tubular lock. Does anybody have these? Is there a source for these? I can’t seem to find anything listed on the secondary markets. There are 40 to 50 machines with this key and I would hate to have to drill all of those when this key eventually breaks.

Thanks much!

37 minutes ago, The Crippler said:

Hello,

i have a new route and one of the keys I have is a tubular key with the word “OAK” on it. I only have one key and it is starting to degrade and crack. It fits into a star shaped tubular lock. Does anybody have these? Is there a source for these? I can’t seem to find anything listed on the secondary markets. There are 40 to 50 machines with this key and I would hate to have to drill all of those when this key eventually breaks.

Thanks much!

See if a locksmith can duplicate it.

15 hours ago, The Crippler said:

Hello,

Thanks much!

I bought a route a few years ago that had alot of those locks. I ran into the same problem.....1 key that was deteriorating. I called Oak and they told me those were very old lock sets that were made exclusively through Fort Lock Company. It was a proprietary situation where you could only order the keys/locks through Oak at the time they were being used. Oak no longer carried them and Fort Lock was bought out so no luck there. I was unable to find a locksmith with those blanks and as you know they are almost non existent online. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did but ultimately I ended up replacing the locks before the key failed.

1 hour ago, The Crippler said:

Gumball Guy,

Thanks for the reply, as this was my fear that it was a one off. I appreciate the history and now know that the drill will eventually come out as the key is almost to the point of breaking. Oh well.

If you know the key is gonna break, get new locks now and swap them out, so you don’t have to drill.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived