national/crane 147/148 snack machine stopped working

sbb

We have a snack machine that all of sudden stopped working.  The selector is not working. The screen is blank, nothing is showing and we can not make any selections.  We replaced the pulse validator interface board because it looked like it had a blow resistor and was black.   Any ideas what it might try? 

This is a machine that we bought @ an auction and has been working great for over a year.  We fill it ourselves.  I can not find anyone to come out and fix it in northern Minnesota, so am trying to do it myself.

Thank you!

Does any part of the machine work?  Does the light come on? Does the bill validator cycle when you power up the machine? Will it payout any coins?  If all of those answers are "NO" you have a power issue.  Check the lower left corner of machine for the fuse/breaker.  Make sure it is good. I am assumingt that you have already checked your power supply to see if you are getting power to the machine.

You may want to check as there are usually two circuit breakers in Nat machines, one will be white and the other is dark , almost brown, its smaller and square ( just puss it to see if its popped,  they are located behind coin mech when you swivel it out of the way , also the main switch to the machine s is there as well. Some of the older models had a fuse located in the power supply unit, but I wont get into that its a bit more involved.

We replaced the coin mech interface board and the machine still does not work.  When we turn the power supply on the bill validator cycles but will not take any dollar bills.  We have lights on the front door, so we have power. The selector screen still does not light up.  Any other ideas what to try? 

Archived