dixie 501 live front

maestro489

Well that depends on whether it is a 501T or 501E.  Well, more technically, it depends on whether it is single price, SII, or SIID (or even MPC but i dont know if those were ever live display.

It's likely to be an SIID board, which means you MIGHT already be MDB but it might not.  Tell us more and we can tell you if you need a harness and what kind you will need.

40 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Well that depends on whether it is a 501T or 501E.  Well, more technically, it depends on whether it is single price, SII, or SIID (or even MPC but i dont know if those were ever live display.

It's likely to be an SIID board, which means you MIGHT already be MDB but it might not.  Tell us more and we can tell you if you need a harness and what kind you will need.

Actually, I was talking to someone today and they had a 501t MPC that was a live display. So they do exist. 

The ba30b could be hooked up to 110v or mdb so you could either use the correct 110v harness for a 110v mars or (what is likely) a mars validator that ends with a 2 (2502, 2512, 2702, 2712, etc..) with a mars mdb harness.  You can go any which way but if the machine is NOT currently using MDB and doesn't have an mdb harness coming from the board then you need that too.  Of course, if it's already there, then you don't.

As it stands, you are asking us what kind of motor is in a ford truck, and no one knows without looking at it.

1 hour ago, maestro489 said:

Yes Jeremiah that’s what I have too

Then it's likely a 501e with an SIID board.  Your best path is really to get a mars 2502/2512 or 2702/2712 with a mars mdb harness.  If the mech and val aren't already mdb, you'll need to replace the coin mech with an mdb mech and add an mdb harness for an SIID board.  Before you do any of that, find out what eprom version is on the board and verify if it already has an mdb coin mech.  If you just need to add the mars mdb validator, you are likely ready to add a card reader should you ever choose to.

4 hours ago, maestro489 said:

I’ve got an sIId board and a trc 6512 coinmech. Would I be ok with a mars 2512?  Also what harness do I need?

Yes 2512 is good.

However I think you already have the board to MDB harness in the machine because you have the 6512 in there.

So you just need the regular Mars bill Val MDB harness.

Archived