Week one recap

moondog

Harumph, harumph, harumph,

With week one all but in the books,  I think it's safe to proclaim our winners as it would take a major miracle for this to change.  Number one is the Force (me) over that despicable despot, the King.  While technically not over yet,  Golden Tater would need the game of his life to overcome the current deficit.  I really thought that the Broncs would have decapitated Wilson by the first half of that game but he did quite well considering how bad his O line is and the fact he's got nobody to throw to.  Overall, the King is going to log some hefty points in the loss so you'd better not count him out just yet. If he'd had the cajones to start his other QB, this would be a nail biter tonight.  At this point, my only fear is that the Rams D is going to kill Carr as I might need him later on to throw the ball to Amari Cooper.

Number two is our newcomer, the kilted one, over Td's, who's having an epic case of bad luck with his lead RB acting like a two year old and his other RB going down with a hamstring injury,  With the way that Leveon's replacement played, the Steelers may not want him back a t any price.  My advice to the kilted one is, if you're going to wear kilts, you'd better get some of those kevlar whitey tighteys.  You might find you'll have more free time once you're not fighting off the deer flies constantly.  OUCH. The only good deer fly is a dead deer fly.

And last, and currently least, is Kiwi over the Scrubs.  Kiwi wil have the fewest points of anybody outside of the scrubs so he may want to add a defense at some point  as 144  points is not going to beat anybody.  Of course he could have started the Saints D who ended up losing 9 points.  How the hell do you lose to the Bucs when your offense scores 40 points?  I imagine they'll all be lined up this morning with Drew Brees launching footballs at their nuts.  And by the way, Ryan Fitzpatrick scored 50 points, the most by a QB since Peyton Manning did it back in 2012.  Too bad he's not on anybodies roster.  So much for the Saints respectable defense.

6 hours ago, moondog said:

With week one all but in the books,  I think it's safe to proclaim our winners as it would take a major miracle for this to change.  Number one is the Force (me) over that despicable despot, the King.  While technically not over yet,  Golden Tater would need the game of his life to overcome the current deficit.  I really thought that the Broncs would have decapitated Wilson by the first half of that game but he did quite well considering how bad his O line is and the fact he's got nobody to throw to.  Overall, the King is going to log some hefty points in the loss so you'd better not count him out just yet. If he'd had the cajones to start his other QB, this would be a nail biter tonight.  At this point, my only fear is that the Rams D is going to kill Carr as I might need him later on to throw the ball to Amari Cooper.

Number two is our newcomer, the kilted one, over Td's, who's having an epic case of bad luck with his lead RB acting like a two year old and his other RB going down with a hamstring injury,  With the way that Leveon's replacement played, the Steelers may not want him back a t any price.  My advice to the kilted one is, if you're going to wear kilts, you'd better get some of those kevlar whitey tighteys.  You might find you'll have more free time once you're not fighting off the deer flies constantly.  OUCH. The only good deer fly is a dead deer fly.

Who needs the yahoo weekly recap when we have moondog weekly recap.

Let just hope that he hasn't spoken to soon and the king doesn't turn the table on him today. 

I know who l will be cheering for and it won't be the Force!!! 😂😂😂

6 hours ago, moondog said:

And last, and currently least, is Kiwi over the Scrubs.  Kiwi wil have the fewest points of anybody outside of the scrubs so he may want to add a defense at some point  as 144  points is not going to beat anybody. 

I would add a defense if you "new" league settings would allow me!!

I still have the W so l guess that it's not the end of the world... 🏆

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

Let just hope that he hasn't spoken to soon and the king doesn't turn the table on him today. 

The King needs all the friends he can get. 😂😃😂

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

I would add a defense if you "new" league settings would allow me!!

I still have the W so l guess that it's not the end of the world... 🏆

There should be nothing against adding any free agent anytime - maybe Yahoo expects you to drop Antonio Brown first 😎😎😎

9 hours ago, moondog said:

Harumph, harumph, harumph,

And last, and currently least, is Kiwi over the Scrubs.  Kiwi wil have the fewest points of anybody outside of the scrubs so he may want to add a defense at some point  as 144  points is not going to beat anybody.  Of course he could have started the Saints D who ended up losing 9 points.  How the hell do you lose to the Bucs when your offense scores 40 points?  I imagine they'll all be lined up this morning with Drew Brees launching footballs at their nuts.  And by the way, Ryan Fitzpatrick scored 50 points, the most by a QB since Peyton Manning did it back in 2012.  Too bad he's not on anybodies roster.  So much for the Saints respectable defense.

I’ve noticed your advice is shying away from Fantasy Football now... wonder why... ;)

Actually things seem to be going really well, by no fault of mine. Glad I had Rodgers and Jax in there, TD would have leveled me otherwise.

Here’s hoping Gurley somehow scores me 32 pts and I take the week.

15 hours ago, kiwi said:

I added Detroit as my defense but they are not showing up on my team roster 

Lucky you - they're probably the only defense worse than the Saints this week and you don't need any fewer points.  I see you have the Bears now - wonder why Denver's still sitting there.

Sam Darnold got off to a great start (though he didn't account for much of the damage) but he'll never live down that pick six on his first official pass.

19 hours ago, kiwi said:

Jeez,

No kidding, now I know how Nanook felt the day he tried to stomp a walrus to death with his muck-luck.  That damned Tater was like a cock roach that just wouldn't die.  Fortunately I had the Ram's defense in reserve.  I predict they're going to make Revis Island look like an atoll before the seasons' done.

15 hours ago, VAVending said:

I’ve noticed your advice is shying away from Fantasy Football now... wonder why... ;)

Actually things seem to be going really well, by no fault of mine. Glad I had Rodgers and Jax in there, TD would have leveled me otherwise.

Here’s hoping Gurley somehow scores me 32 pts and I take the week.

If Td loses anymore players he won't even be able to beat the Scrubs.  25% of his guys can't play and one won't play and as I recall, didn't he lose David Johnson in the first game of last year?  That boy needs to fix his JuJu.  Don't get  too optimistic as you're playing Kiwi next week and it looks like he's finally decided to get serious.

1 hour ago, moondog said:

If Td loses anymore players he won't even be able to beat the Scrubs.  25% of his guys can't play and one won't play and as I recall, didn't he lose David Johnson in the first game of last year?  That boy needs to fix his JuJu.  Don't get  too optimistic as you're playing Kiwi next week and it looks like he's finally decided to get serious.

Yep. I've had some bad luck last 2 years. Probably used it all up 3 years ago. Played in 4 leagues and made it to the championship in all 4. Won 3 of the 4.

1 hour ago, moondog said:

Yup, next week is going to be close I’m thinking.

Gurley just pushed me past The King, so I’m glad of that. Even if I bomb the rest of the season 2nd place in week 1 isn’t bad at all.

1 hour ago, VAVending said:

Yup, next week is going to be close I’m thinking.

Gurley just pushed me past The King, so I’m glad of that. Even if I bomb the rest of the season 2nd place in week 1 isn’t bad at all.

Speaking of the King, we haven't heard from him yet.  You all owe a debt of gratitude to me for whupping his butt,  otherwise you'd be hearing about how we, as mere Commoners,  should be groveling at his feet.  As our newcomer, you have no idea of how obnoxious he can be when he wins (which he should do next week as he's only playing the Scrubs)

On 9/10/2018 at 6:41 PM, kiwi said:

Can someone please teach NFL players how to tackle!!

I understand that he's a punter.. but my 6yr old would've made a better attempt at that tackle down the sideline 😂

Yep,

I figure Zion would have poked him in the eye first, then stomped on his head while he was lying on the ground in pain.  😎😎😎

30 minutes ago, kiwi said:

Well.. he already weighs over 80 pounds so l think you can rule him out of being a kicker!!! 😂😂😂

I already told you that being a kicker is where it's at.  You make millions of dollars sitting on the bench watching everybody else get hurt.  You get paid for twenty years,  do some light stretching occasionally just so the fans know you're still alive and if you're good enough they won't even let you make a tackle lest you bruise yourself,  It has to be the cushiest gig in sports.

Archived