New Location Agreement?

EdEh

This is my first post and I apologize for the newbie questions. I have searched the forum and can't find what I am looking for. When I walk into a location to place a machine, how does that work? Is there a standard agreement with the location owner for a length of time the machine will be there? How much do I pay the location owner to have the machine there? Any and all info is greatly appreciated, and like I said sorry for the newb questions.

I think I recall there being one in the downloads section, but I use a simple one page agreement that basically has their details and mine, stating that I retain ownership of the machine(s) and specifying the revenue share with the venue. I would only have a term if I had to purchase new machines. I prefer to sell myself on service, with a line like "My machines are only here as long as we both are happy with the arrangement (but if you have complaints, please give me a chance to remedy them before asking me to leave)." In more populous areas, and more iron clad agreement may be warranted, but my main reason for the agreement it to have a written record for down the track in case there is a dispute over share or a business closes down and I need evidence of ownership of machines from the landlord.

Thank you very much. I’ve been reading and revenue share runs from 0% to 30%, at this point I’ll be shooting for 0%. Would you be willing to share your contract? I am in a smaller town and am friends with most of the people with the businesses where I will be placing machines.

Mine is too simple to bother uploading. I have my business details up the top with my logo, and then spaces to get details of the site (name, address, contact person, phone number, email address), and a table of equipment sited and agreed revenue share or rental (rental not relevant for bulk).

I have a statement "Ownership of equipment remains with [my business name]".

And spots for signatures and dates.

I do mainly amusements and in this industry a handshake is more important than a piece of paper. For larger corporates, a more detailed contract may be in order, but this one suits my purpose.

Archived