HELP V721 HAVE KEY, NO POWER DOOR CLOSED!

NYCandyMaN

57 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

last resort, called up triteq and got the backup battery box, they said its just a 9v battery and it should open the door, $100 plush S&H!

Let us know how it turns out working. I have never seen anyone open a big button with that battery pack. I'd probably buy one if it works for you.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/16/2018 at 5:06 PM, orsd said:

If you are really concerned get one of those plug in electrical testers from Home Depot.

I ordered the backup box from triteq, lets see what it can do, if it doesn't open the lock, I would have to break in to it, and considering its still a Pepsi asset, I have to get a written letter from them authorizing me to allow to break into it

14 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

I ordered the backup box from triteq, lets see what it can do, if it doesn't open the lock, I would have to break in to it, and considering its still a Pepsi asset, I have to get a written letter from them authorizing me to allow to break into it

lol if its still a pepsi asset you should of placed a service call 

On 9/18/2018 at 2:22 PM, Anacapa Vending said:

^^^ this is bad advice. You are creating unnecessary resistance which creates heat. If you ever have to use any extension cords it has to be at least 12 AWG heavy duty.

I am not stat that he leave it on an extension cord. All I am saying is after he cuts off the GFI and puts on a standard plug, he should power it up with a surge suppressor. This gives him a modicum of security and mitigates the chance of blowing the board. If it powers up, then replace with a new GIF cord and go about you business.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, AZVendor said:

You can make your own with 3 - 9v batteries in series and a phono plug.

so I did, only  1 problem, I had a 3 and a 4 pack, as per triteq, you need 34v DC for it to work, so I put the pack together, all red to red, black to black with the option of removing 1 or 2 batteries if needed. 9v x 4 is 36v, when I hooked it up, it got hot, so I took one 9v off, nothing on both, then I thought the phone plug was no good, I I went out and bought a red and white to phono, cut it up, and attached again, this time without the on/off switch, and still nothing. triteq said all it needs is 1 9v battery, how can that be? one 9v to 34v DC? then I found this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Display-DC-DC-Boost-Converter-Step-up-3V-34V-to-5V-9V-12V-24V-Power-Supply/121992245579?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

this converts it to 34v, as 36v may have been too much and 27v may have been not enough with my pack, the last option I have is to call up pepsi and get them to come down and open it up, but that might cause a problem with the asset, so that's my last resort.

I ordered the pack, lets see what comes, and what it does, $100 plus shipping! I hope the battery is included, and I wouldn't be surprised if its got the converter on it.

5 hours ago, sideshot said:

1800 845 4782

what if they say they have to take it? then im screwed out of a machine, and its loaded, with cash and supply. that would totally suck!

then again, if they don't care for it, and will provide service for a fee, that would be awesome.

16 minutes ago, Corvus Corax said:

I am not stat that he leave it on an extension cord. All I am saying is after he cuts off the GFI and puts on a standard plug, he should power it up with a surge suppressor. This gives him a modicum of security and mitigates the chance of blowing the board. If it powers up, then replace with a new GIF cord and go about you business.

I will try that only if the pack doesn't work, one of my last few resorts, don't want to blow the board or anything else in there

I will call up Pepsi today

59 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

what if they say they have to take it? then im screwed out of a machine, and its loaded, with cash and supply. that would totally suck!

then again, if they don't care for it, and will provide service for a fee, that would be awesome.

They've done this procedure many many times before.

They won't need, nor want to move it.

48 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

so I put the pack together, all red to red, black to black with the option of removing 1 or 2 batteries if needed. 9v x 4 is 36v, when I hooked it up, it got hot, so I took one 9v off,

NO.

You need to connect the 3 9V batteries in series. The way you describe your connection it had 18v going one way and 18v opposing it - output = 0V and the batteries getting hot trying to overcome each other (before destroying themselves).

9v.jpg

On 9/20/2018 at 12:45 AM, falls said:

NO.

You need to connect the 3 9V batteries in series. The way you describe your connection it had 18v going one way and 18v opposing it - output = 0V and the batteries getting hot trying to overcome each other (before destroying themselves).

9v.jpg

He's a [REMOVED], and only 27v is needed since that's all you get from the machine itself to power the lock anyway.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:45 AM, falls said:

NO.

9v.jpg

does the connection really matter? ill try it, got nothing to lose, ill do a 3 and a 4 connection, as per triteq, 34v DC is needed, 27v sounds like not enough, and 36v too much, ill give it a try, thanks

On 9/20/2018 at 6:39 AM, AZVendor said:

He's a [REMOVED], and only 27v is needed since that's all you get from the machine itself to power the lock anyway.

id prefer names not to be used, we are all learning, 

as per triteq technician, 34v DC is needed to open the lock, not 27v

24 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

does the connection really matter? ill try it, got nothing to lose, ill do a 3 and a 4 connection, as per triteq, 34v DC is needed, 27v sounds like not enough, and 36v too much, ill give it a try, thanks

Yes it matters. You need to wire the batteries in series so the voltage is the sum of the batteries. If you connect them parallel then the voltage is still 9v.

99.9% sure this could have been corrected last week by simply putting a standard plug on the machine. I believe you proved this already. In another post, when you said the machine would stay on if you held the reset button on the GFI down.

There is a very very small chance that it could be the control board but I doubt it. Keep us updated. 

17 minutes ago, Anacapa Vending said:

Yes it matters. You need to wire the batteries in series so the voltage is the sum of the batteries. If you connect them parallel then the voltage is still 9v.

99.9% sure this could have been corrected last week by simply putting a standard plug on the machine. I believe you proved this already. In another post, when you said the machine would stay on if you held the reset button on the GFI down.

There is a very very small chance that it could be the control board but I doubt it. Keep us updated. 

the machine would not stay on, it lost power, GFI does not stay on, keeps clicking off

On 9/21/2018 at 11:26 PM, NYCandyMan said:

On 9/21/2018 at 11:26 PM, NYCandyMan said:

Ok, so..... I followed the diagram, pos to neg, tried with 2, 3, and 4 pack, even put the on/off switch goals sure it works, but it didn't work, checked for voltage, got voltage from batteries, but.... No voltage in the plug. Then again, I'm not sure if there should be voltage on the phono plug, what do you think of this?

32 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

Ok, so..... I followed the diagram, pos to neg, tried with 1, 2, 3, and 4 pack, even put the on/off switch just to make sure it works, but it didn't work, checked for voltage, got voltage from batteries, but.... No voltage in the plug. Then again, I'm not sure if there should be voltage on the phono plug, what do you think of this? Found a 2nd set of wires on the phono plug, red on red and black on black, connected those as well, now I have power, but not sure if its enough, still no luck on door. Also the batteries got hot again

I think you need to give up messing with that machine and call Pepsi for a service call on their asset. Your machine has been down over a week, I am sure your customer is not very happy with a dead machine.

You really need to study up on basic electrical theory at the minimum before attempting to play with a machine. If you still want to spend your money, hire a qualified service tech.

Not sure if trolling...

Seriously, you say you are learning. That’s fine, we’ve all had to start somewhere. I’ve asked plenty of dumb questions and broken plenty of things myself. But what rubs us all the wrong way is the fact you ignore all of our advice and do stupid golpher we told you not to, and then say that your learning. When I ask, I $&#*ing listened. You are not, and honestly it’s kinda funny to watch you be super concerned about a short circuit in one post and then ask if it really matters that you are creating an actual short in the battery pack.

I was a journeyman electrician before starting my own businesses. Also have been vending now for 7 years. If I wasn't confident in my advice I wouldn't have even tried to help you. A lot of the guys on this thread are very good vendors/techs. For the love of God and the sake of your location cut off the damn GFI on the cord and put a normal plug. Or bring in a qualified electrician to check the circuit and machine.

If you somehow damage the board which you wont. I will send you a board for half the price of whatever they cost.

Archived