HELP V721 HAVE KEY, NO POWER DOOR CLOSED!

NYCandyMaN

1 minute ago, AngryChris said:

I'm going to give you $20 and pick up a Pepsi machine in NY.  The vendor appears to have abandoned it as it hasn't been serviced in weeks.  Deal?

I have not abandoned it, I do make my stops, but theres nothing I can do without opening that lock. as far as FDNY, its been years, not weeks, I could understand a few weeks, I wouldn't touch it at that point, but years, its definitely abandoned. and its still loaded with merchandise. worse comes to worse, I will have it moved, and place a new one

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s say I leave my phone at a fast food place on accident. Someone takes it. It ain’t golpher theirs. And if someone buys it knowing that it wasn’t his, guess what? Possession of stolen property.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, sideshot said:

this is the inside of my box it comes with a momentary switch  a toggle got installed at one time  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qZZgTt2VJN1JsVi26

so... here's another piece of information, the plug you have is a MONO plug, which is single power vs the plug that I have is a stereo plug, im sure that'll make a big difference, my pack may be correct, but that plug does matter, MONO (1 ring), stereo (2 rings) which have a POS and a NEG, where the MONO only has POS. the pack from triteq is coming tomorrow, cant wait to see it!

the MONO plug on ebay is not cheap, and im guessing because it has multiple uses, where as the stereo is only use for music.

19 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

I have not abandoned it, I do make my stops, but theres nothing I can do without opening that lock. as far as FDNY, its been years, not weeks, I could understand a few weeks, I wouldn't touch it at that point, but years, its definitely abandoned. and its still loaded with merchandise. worse comes to worse, I will have it moved, and place a new one

So you haven't been using this machine up to this point?  You're just taking it because the NYFD says its been abandoned for a few years?  Wouldn't the honorable thing be to call Pepsi and have them remove the machine? Especially is you were going to place a different machine on location?   I agree with Chris, I feel like we are helping someone get into a stolen pop machine.   

21 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

so now the question is... how do small vendors wind up with these machines? and how does pepsi not know about this going on? 

Vendors get these machines because they signed a contract with Pepsi, and the reason this machine went under their radar is that they deal with a lot of vendors with a lot of machines, so something will fall through the cracks, and when they do deal with these things they will usually deal with what makes the most financial sense. In other words they will deal with the guy who has 100 machines before they deal with the guy who has 1. 

most machines to my understanding are just old, and pepsi doesn't care for them, but they still belong to them, but why not service a machine for a few years if the machine belongs to them, 

And who called them? If they are not called about a problem with a machine, how do they know if there's a problem or not? 

I hope you don't think they were filling the machine, that was the job of the Vendor who signed the contract with them, most likely one of the Firemen, or the department was supposed to take care of it, and nobody did.

its obviously abandoned, they hope that someone will find it or buy it, and return it to them after they've neglected it. I will not be a scape goat, ill run the machine, and ill sell it off to someone else when im done. I do have the key for it, so if I stole it, why would I have the key

And you are now doing what's called mind reading. You "know" that they abandoned the machine, and also know they want to get it back, and make you the "scapegoat".

I'm not sure if you realize these are the opposite statements. But I can guarantee Pepsi did not abandon the machine. It was abandoned by whoever was supposed to take care of it. Pepsi supplies the machine with the agreement that they will buy only Pepsi products and put it in the machine. In exchange they do not charge for the use of the machine. If they truly abandoned that machine, they wouldn't want it back.

You don't realize you are shooting yourself in the foot here. First you are knowingly receiving stolen merchandise. Right now you are worried they will take the machine away, but if they wanted they could press charges. I think it's unlikely, but entirely within their rights. Someday an executive could want to make an example out of somebody.

Second you just cut off an easy way to fix this machine. There wouldn't be any of this drama if you bought a properly owned machine. 

Third what if you want to be on their program in the future? If they catch wind of this, why would they trust you enough to loan any machines to you? You already said you are willing to sell it to somebody else. Are you going to tell them how you got it? What happens when they call up Pepsi for a repair and they lose the machine? 

I can already see the person who sold you the machine losing their job just over this if and when it comes out.

2 hours ago, The Mage said:

Vendors get these machines because they signed a contract with Pepsi, and the reason this machine went under their radar is that they deal with a lot of vendors with a lot of machines, so something will fall through the cracks, and when they do deal with these things they will usually deal with what makes the most financial sense. In other words they will deal with the guy who has 100 machines before they deal with the guy who has 1. 

And who called them? If they are not called about a problem with a machine, how do they know if there's a problem or not? 

I hope you don't think they were filling the machine, that was the job of the Vendor who signed the contract with them, most likely one of the Firemen, or the department was supposed to take care of it, and nobody did.

And you are now doing what's called mind reading. You "know" that they abandoned the machine, and also know they want to get it back, and make you the "scapegoat".

I'm not sure if you realize these are the opposite statements. But I can guarantee Pepsi did not abandon the machine. It was abandoned by whoever was supposed to take care of it. Pepsi supplies the machine with the agreement that they will buy only Pepsi products and put it in the machine. In exchange they do not charge for the use of the machine. If they truly abandoned that machine, they wouldn't want it back.

You don't realize you are shooting yourself in the foot here. First you are knowingly receiving stolen merchandise. Right now you are worried they will take the machine away, but if they wanted they could press charges. I think it's unlikely, but entirely within their rights. Someday an executive could want to make an example out of somebody.

Second you just cut off an easy way to fix this machine. There wouldn't be any of this drama if you bought a properly owned machine. 

Third what if you want to be on their program in the future? If they catch wind of this, why would they trust you enough to loan any machines to you? You already said you are willing to sell it to somebody else. Are you going to tell them how you got it? What happens when they call up Pepsi for a repair and they lose the machine? 

I can already see the person who sold you the machine losing their job just over this if and when it comes out.

You're right, but at this point it is what it is, I've seen hundreds like this, I didn't buy a new one because I didn't have cash for it, most of my units I pick up for less than $200, i only found out about Pepsi after I bought the machine, most of mine are coke, so this was no different, except what I came to find out.

Lets focus on the repair.

At this point its already done, I got the battery pack, opened the door!  Winds up, there was a huge critter (rat) in the main box, I disconnected all wires, cleaned it, turned it on, works perfect!

Thank you all for your help!

Archived