Will the Whining ever end in this business?

tblake05

Machine is a Genesis GO-127 which has had virtually no problems up to now (apparently).

A )  Apparently now its rejecting "new" quarters.  Old ones work fine, but now ones come right out.  Yeah right.  Maybe it doesn't like that specific quarter and they never tried any other "new" ones.  But all I heard is its not liking "New" ones.  Seems like its total B/S.

B )  Also Apparently it "has a mind of its own" and it "spits out whatever it wants".  Now this is coming from the same people who put their money in, made a selection, said they heard it vend, but it "got jammed" and "nothing came out".  So I reach in the front door and there is their selection.  Right inside.  So I'm thinking that this "mind of its own" business is just because the keypad has a few rubbed off numbers, and since society is so dumbed down due to smart phones, we have all forgotten the standard layout of a number pad that we should see multiple times a day on a standard phone, calculator, or ever computer keyboard if we would still used them.

Sorry for the long rant, but has anyone ran into this with any of their locations?  Just typical whining?  Every time I go there is a new issue.  And every time I check the machine it works 100% fin for me.

Think I'll spend $50.00 more dollars and replace the number pad and see if that stops the "mind of it's own" problem.

Just can't make it up sometimes.  Just can't make it up.

If that has the blue plastic coin acceptor, you can re-tune it. Sorry for the large font  I copied and pasted from my notes on my phone.

GO-380 coin acceptor tuning procedure: 

Tuning procedures – blue acceptor 

(The lighted number on the side of the acceptor indicates the coin: 01-nickel 02-dime 03-quarter 04-dollar)

For tuning quarters: 

1.    With power on, slide the switch that is directly under the white connector down to set. 

2.    Press the small black button that is next to the display three times so the display is 03. 

3.    Insert 20 different quarters. Each should come out the front and generate a tone/beep. 

4.    Slide the switch up to start. Test by inserting quarters – a +90% acceptance rate is expected.

Sadly, I have a couple Seaga's, you don't want them if you can avoid them.  Yes, retuning may fix the quarter problem.  If the "missing" vends are drinks, I have found they sometimes get stuck in the corners instead of being near the delivery door.  I made cardboard ramps in one machine to force products to the middle where customers can find them. 

Sometimes customers problems seem self inflicted only because we have not seen them before and don't know what to fix. 

11 hours ago, Magiccity726 said:

Are genesis machines problematic? I never have done combos but I might need one. Somebody offered a refurbished genesis 380 combo for $1500. Is that a decent price?

Mine hasn't been per say, but its definitely not as refined as some of the other machines we own.  If that make sense.  1500.00 seems a little steep for one though.

Archived