AMS Sensit 3 leaking water

Gretsching

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with 2 AMS machines. Every time I go into either location, there is a decent amount of water coming from under the machine. The hoses that go into the pan are connected just fine. There is never any water laying in the pan, just seems to be coming from an area I cannot pinpoint. I put a little stack of paper towels on the inside of the cabinet towards the front of the machine on the right, just in front of the coils, and the next day, it was already soaked in water.

Just wondering, has anyone come across this type of problem? The delivery bin door is not stuck open. Compressor doesn't seem to be running over time and nothing ever frosts up inside. 

This is one of my best accounts and I would hate for the guy to get mad at me about this. In the mean time, I put pans underneath the machine, but even that doesn't catch all the water sometimes. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Having a similar problem with a drink machine.  Thought it might have been off level but that checked OK.  Condensation was building up and not running to the drain.  I changed the machine level to try and get the water flowing to the drain, so far the leaking has stopped but the flow is still not quite right, so I need to make some more adjustments and see what happens.

If your AMS pan is rusted then it's probably leaking.  Otherwise you have a clogged drain hose or a leak in the pan under the evaporator.  Southeast, you might have a leak around your drain itself or the tank is deformed from water getting to the insulation under it and deforming it.

Yes, if the pan evap pan is leaking you'll need to pull the unit and the pan to silicone the corners.  I don't think there's enough room with the evaporator sittting in it to do that.  You might get lucky and lift the evaporator enough to get to the corners but the pan has to be dry.  All edges are super sharp and those units aren't fun to remove or install.  You'll find out just by removing the cover that the freon lines have to go back into a notch in the cover with permagum around it.  The cover is a #%^^& to remove as is the cooling unit.  Reinstallation is worse.

You must like moving machines. As much of a pain as it is getting to the fridge decks on these, in my mind the pain of moving a machine is greater.

I would try poking a piece of wire down the drain tube. I had one so gunked up once that it wasn't draining and was leaking onto the front of the machine. I used a couple of pipe cleaners (because that is what I had on hand) twisted together and poked them down and cleaned the tube out to getting it flowing again. I didn't need to unscrew anything. 

You could also try a long test tube brush.

nylon-test-tube-cleaning-brushes-small-1

Ams has at least three different designs for the drain on the evap pan.  Some are in the middle of the pan and some are on the far left edge of the pan.  I've seen them leak around that drain so much it pools on the floor underneath.

We had a Sensit 2 doing this in a hospital.   To fix it I had to raise the right side of the machine with the leveling feet to get the water flowing into the drain.

Are you getting excessive condensation?  You also may need to better seal the doghouse with duct seal.

5 hours ago, Chard said:

Ams has at least three different designs for the drain on the evap pan.  Some are in the middle of the pan and some are on the far left edge of the pan.  I've seen them leak around that drain so much it pools on the floor underneath.

We had a Sensit 2 doing this in a hospital.   To fix it I had to raise the right side of the machine with the leveling feet to get the water flowing into the drain.

Are you getting excessive condensation?  You also may need to better seal the doghouse with duct seal.

Well I did end up swapping the machine, I brought it back to my shop and saw that there wasn't even a pan in the back of the machine, lol. So I'm assuming that was the problem. Anyway, I'll put a pan with some sponges in there and use this machine at a potential upcoming location. As far as sealing up the dog house, a friend of mine who works on AMS says that if you need to further seal an AMS, put the seal on the metal frame of the cab, and not over the existing gasket. By metal frame, obviously I mean the inside of the machine. I got a roll of weather strip from Home Depot and tried it on the machine I have outside my shop. It fits pretty well, just need to use half pieces where the frame becomes less.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, brendio said:

You must like moving machines. As much of a pain as it is getting to the fridge decks on these, in my mind the pain of moving a machine is greater.

I would try poking a piece of wire down the drain tube. I had one so gunked up once that it wasn't draining and was leaking onto the front of the machine. I used a couple of pipe cleaners (because that is what I had on hand) twisted together and poked them down and cleaned the tube out to getting it flowing again. I didn't need to unscrew anything. 

You could also try a long test tube brush.

nylon-test-tube-cleaning-brushes-small-1

When you clean those hoses, do you do it from the front? Or get to the back of the machine and do it from there? 

Ams supplies duct sealing compound with new decks that you use to seal the doghouse after it is installed in place.  If there is any leak you will get excessive moisture on the cabinet.

To clean the drain tube properly, I suggest pulling the doghouse and cleaning the tube from both ends.

Archived