Reliability of Revision Doors?

Gretsching

I recently came across, what I feel, is a good deal for 2 AP 113 snack machines refurbished with the revision door.

I do like the AP 112 and 113's a lot as they were originally. These new ones will be ready for credit card readers also. 

Anyone have experience with this series of machine with the revision door? If so, I'm curious if you guys like them. Wondering if they are just as reliable with the door as they were factory original. The only problem I ever had with those AP machines was having to replace the harness that goes behind all the trays. Other than that, great machines! 

We are in the process of adding revision doors (or In-One boards) to all our AP's so that we can add CC readers to them.  They update the look of the machine, giving the customer the "comfort" of getting a "new" machine, while WE have the comfort of knowing we are installing one of the most reliable machines made.  :) 

2 hours ago, flintflash said:

We are in the process of adding revision doors (or In-One boards) to all our AP's so that we can add CC readers to them.  They update the look of the machine, giving the customer the "comfort" of getting a "new" machine, while WE have the comfort of knowing we are installing one of the most reliable machines made.  :) 

Any reason to preference the In-one board over the 'VE UCB kit. I notice the 'VE CUB has a drop sensor option. I have an AP123 and a 112 with revision boards, no complaints. Easy to set up, and easy to program. The only thing I see is the cost approaches that of an AMS and exceeds a LCM in most cases.

1 minute ago, Corvus Corax said:

Any reason to preference the In-one board over the 'VE UCB kit. I notice the 'VE CUB has a drop sensor option. I have an AP123 and a 112 with revision boards, no complaints. Easy to set up, and easy to program. The only thing I see is the cost approaches that of an AMS and exceeds a LCM in most cases.

No preference, we just tried an In-One board first is all.  We actually get the VE boards now.  I'm just used to calling it an In-One board...lol.  We are pretty much using the VE versions of both, the doors and boards.  :) 

On 9/19/2018 at 7:22 AM, SCOTT1963 said:

I work for VEII so IF you have any questions about the doors feel free to contact me, I'm sure others will chime in about their experiences in the field

Scott, I have a question.  We have quite a few AP 113's & AP 112's with VE Kit's installed.  In the future, we may want to add the revision door to machines that have already been updated.  Will a door be made available without the electronics already installed to upgrade these in the future?

The boards on the Revision Door are from the AP120 UCB kits, the 111/112/113 boards will not fit except for the CPU Board (which is the universal part of the kit)

So save the spare parts or use the kits to update other 110 Series machines as you add Revision Doors

Thanks for the question

Thanks guys, I got the 2 machines, they look great, one thing I am wondering  .. the lights go off when I initially open the door, then come back on. Normal occurrence? Also I tested the sure vend system. It seems like if a product does get hung up, the spirals turn a few more times but then if that specific row is used again, the spirals still turn in small increments instead of a full rotation until I open the door and home them.

With AP 113's and many other older models, the contacts in the back can get tarnished.  A quick fix is to take the trays out and take a rag or paper towel and rub hard around the contacts so that they'll hopefully make better contact.  On older nationals, you take the trays out and slightly bend the contacts forward.  We might be talking about a 15 degree bend.. not much.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:39 PM, Gretsching said:

Thanks guys, I got the 2 machines, they look great, one thing I am wondering  .. the lights go off when I initially open the door, then come back on. Normal occurrence? Also I tested the sure vend system. It seems like if a product does get hung up, the spirals turn a few more times but then if that specific row is used again, the spirals still turn in small increments instead of a full rotation until I open the door and home them.

The lights are normal.

The drop sensor is set to #4 1 full spin, if the product does not drop it gives up to 5 bumps to push the product.

When you open the door it will rehome any motors out of home

Archived