Nayax and MEI Bezels

Chard

We sometimes use the Mei credit card bezel connected to a nayax AMIT modem instead of the vpos.

This year I've had five different instances all on different machines that the Mei credit card bezel connected properly with the modem but would not read cards. The green LED lights the right side of the bezel would not light up but the LCD screen read out properly. The bezels are known working units as are the modems. We tried everything we could to diagnose it from changing bezels, cables, modems and multiple rs-232 settings only to find it was some backend parameter we have no control over.

Well I just experienced the problem again yesterday on a different machine and nayax has kept no record of what the fix was last time.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can you remember what the fix was? I've had them duplicate known working machines still to no effect. I personally thought it was the missing assignment of the proper Heartland number on the back end, but I cannot remember.

You have to have the correct card reader protocol selected in the backend, and the written descriptions are incorrect in the pull down menu.  Go to the machines list in operations and under the general tab open the RS232 control.  be sure you have selected "16 MEI Bill Acceptor".   I think that will fix it.

• 1 year later...

Fighting with this on two machines currently.  Same issue.  Amit 3.0, MEI 4-in-1 bezels, 16 MEI bill acceptor is selected....  Amit's go through a bootup routine, card readers light up, but nothing goes further.  I have a support ticket in with nayax currently.

Did anyone ever find a solution, or else I'll have to wait till they get back to me.

I finally got rid of my Amit's because they eventually all stopped sending DEX... but the card readers did continue to work,  I did not use too many of them with the MEI bezel's after I found out the Amit's would not support contactless thru the MEI....

Well, as much as I like the idea of DEX, only a couple of our machines are hooked up to it, and currently don't pay for the added service.  Just use MDB for reporting sales and kitting.  Which has work OK so far.  So, hopefully like you say the reader portion will last a while.

Anyhow, Nayax had forgot a modem setting (which is not user configurable).  Once they entered it, both telemeters connected and started right up without issues.  Their tech support guy (forget his name) whom I called bout 6:30 in the evening was very polite and knowledgeable, and the best thing about it, I didn't hardly have to wait on hold.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, tblake05 said:

I'll have to check, but the readers light up and the screen backlight lights up green, but no text on display.  My online shows the telemeters are not communicating even though they have seem to have fully booted up.

That is the exact symptom of a bad 5v power supply to the bezel. With USAT G10s you have to RMA the whole product back to USAT, or purchase a new 5v power supply at you expense.

Edited by Corvus Corax

Hmmmmm, I didn't need that with my setup.  There was the Amit, an rs232 cable adapter that plugs straight into the MEI bezel and telelmeter.  It was just a straight through cable.  Nothing fancy...

but thanks for the info if I ever use USAT.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, Corvus Corax said:

I have no idea how long it will take to get and RMA back from USATECH though.

If you go on USALive you can generate a request for the RMA and I usually get a reply within one business day.

USAlive.usatech.com/