A&A machine review

ginger vend

My Elite Model Review:

Positives:

1.  Great looking machine.  The color and chrome accents really stand out.  Lots of colors to choose from at no extra cost.

2.  The Elite comes with the coin tray which is very easy to work with. Simply lift the body up a couple of inches and turn the body slightly and rest it onto the chrome cast bottom.  You can then reach in and pull the coin tray out!  Any loose quarters under the tray can be taken out very easily.

3.    Coin mech turns smoothly each and every time and appears very solidly built.

4.  Changing amount of vend for candy etc, is easy enough to manage with the Elite. Simply remove four screws from the globe, lift out candy wheel and change from 1 to 6.

5.   The base comes in black or silver vein.  The silver vein is a very nice look.  A&A's base is solid and very predictable in terms of being stable when put together with the Elite machine.

6.  Price is $54 and change per head. Buying quantity brings the price down.

Negatives:

1.  I am not in love with the cast white metal bottom of the Elite.  I would have preferred to be a more solid metal than a cast.  Remains to be seen if it hold up ok for me.

2. I know just about all machines are like this but I find it to be a royal pain in the butt to have to remove four screws and the globe to change the candy wheel setting.  You would think that they would come up with a simpler way.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a real problem getting the coin mechs out of the Elites. It just does not come out easily and it goes back in with even more difficulty. Anyone elase have this issue? You are supposed to lift the latch piece to release the mech but its not that easy. I lift the mech, twist the mech, turn the mech, etc.

I just bought 22 of the 2" capsule machines from A&A. I opened one to check it out and I am very happy with its construction and mech. It's amazing how much better the mech sounds as the quarters go through it when you buy a quality machine. I have LYPC 2" capsule machines that are working for now but I don't think they will last very long. They are cheaply made compared A&A or NW machines. Next time I buy machines, I will pay a little more and get the good ones.

I will review them once I have them out for a few months.

Gary

Johnny, sorry to here about your struggles with those coin mechs, maybe I shouldn't say but. You would love beavers no screws no levers just take the globe off and lift the mech it just slides in. A mech change takes no longer then lifting the globe.

I hear ya Brotha Grumpy.  Its really ridiculous with these A&A Elites.  And what's even more amazing, some Elites are easier than others!  So obviously that tells me there are slight differences in terms of constructing these mechs and machine body openings.  The NW 60?  I simply lift the latch and the mech practically falls out.

The only problem I have found with the A&A 2" machines is that they will tend to vend to many or jamb on such items as kick balls or the dino eggs.  The NW super 80 solves that problem by placing springs  across the location where the vend goes through the machine. 

I have been using the 2" A&A machines for nearly 6 years and have only had to replace one coin mech in one of the machines.  Other then that, they have been a work horse.

Tee

Tee,

Thanks for the review about the 2" capsule machines by A&A. I just bought 22 of them and this is my first time using their brand of machines. They must have improved them because they do have a spring across the vending opening on the inside.

Thanks again for the review.

Gary

I think you will enjoy them.  As I said, they have been trouble free for me and they come at a pretty good price.  I noticed the newest A&A 2" machines I purchased were constructed better then the first ones from many years ago.  Lots of luck on your new adventure, make lots of money.

I found a pretty good moving product from toynjoy (becker) in the police 2" capsules.  They were moving very well in all my locations

Tee

• 2 months later...
I was talking to a couple of veteran vendors and they said A&A does not offer a 50 cent coin mech for the PO89 or the PN95.  But I read on their website that their coin mechs can be adjusted to vend 25 or 50 cents.  What do they mean?  Anyone have experience with this gang?

T bird

you can use 5o cent coin mec from oak (just make sure to say that it is for the small vendor) and the better choise is to buy 50 cent coin mec from eagle. both coin mec run between 22 to 25 dollars. bellow is a picture from my route with the one in the middle is an oak 50 cent mec

Simon

A&A has a coin shute that you can install on the back of the coin mech that will help with the coin jamming problem. They are vey enxpensive to purchase and they attach using a screw that is already on the mech.

• 1 month later...

hey guys are all the parts from this machine compatible with the northwestern super 60?

it seems so,even the cash and dash.

They are all interchangeable Antonio.  Matter of fact I have about 30 NW60 machines on location with no cash and dash system and no coin tray of any kind.  I bought a bunch of the cheap coin trays for the PN 95 from A&A and have been sliding the trays in when I service the machines to make removing coin alot easier.

T bird

you can use 5o cent coin mec from oak (just make sure to say that it is for the small vendor) and the better choise is to buy 50 cent coin mec from eagle. both coin mec run between 22 to 25 dollars. bellow is a picture from my route with the one in the middle is an oak 50 cent mec

Simon

Thanks for the info Simon.  You too Luke.  Thanks buddy.

hey guys are all the parts from this machine compatible with the northwestern super 60?

it seems so,even the cash and dash.

They are all interchangeable Antonio.  Matter of fact I have about 30 NW60 machines on location with no cash and dash system and no coin tray of any kind.  I bought a bunch of the cheap coin trays for the PN 95 from A&A and have been sliding the trays in when I service the machines to make removing coin alot easier.

thanks johnny.I was getting ready to cal northwestern a and a and 5 star to see where the cheapest cash dash feature is but I assume u did?

if I am remembering right northwestern sells them for 8$$ dont they?

• 11 months later...

So far I am Very impressed with the PO -  89 machines I purchased. (I bought some PO89s with large panels.) They work great. I have some with 25 cent and 2 with 50 cent mechs. They seem to turn very smoothly. I like how the machines look. They are very similar to the OAK Vista Cab machines I owned years ago.

I am very happy with the quality of the machines especially for the price well worth the money I spent.

I just wanted to post some more on these machines they are nice machines. A&A gets an "A" on my review.

• 3 years later...