Week 4 Recap

moondog

Harrumph, harrumph, harrumph

Well it's looking like week 4 is all but in the bag so we'll do our recap now.

First and least interesting is Td's obliterating the Scrubs (shocking) and just when it was looking like the Scrubs were making their move.

Second,  it's looking grim for the Force vs the Kilted one down by 3 points with only one guy left to play against the opponents 2 players,  I'm going to need Sanders to score about 40 points to pull this one off which is not likely.  I do have contingency plans though.  Plan A involves Andy Reed calling a trick play (hopefully early in the 1st quarter) whereby Hunt swings around for a statue of liberty style play and Mahommes accidentally turns the wrong way and both players collide head on and end up in concussion protocol.  This would also put a dent in Hill's production .  Personally, I think the plan is foolproof and the only other scenario I see as likely is that Mahommes and Hill get into a fight in the locker room before the game and Mahommes insists on only throwing to Sammy Watkins and Travis Kelce.  Then I only have to worry about Hunt beating me so all is not lost.

Lastly, and perhaps the most interesting, is the King facing off against Kiwi who currently has a 12 point lead but no players left while the King still has Mahommes yet to play.  Plan A would definitely give Kiwi the win but I'm thinking the King will pull this one out and finally beat a real player. It sucks that Kiwi puts up 180 plus points and still loses (for the second week in row)  That's quite a slide from being first.

That said, it's looking like a big log jam at 2 and 2 for most of the league with Td's still in first and the Scrubs bringing up the rear.  Next week I get the Scrubs so I figure to win that one at least

17 hours ago, moondog said:

Lastly, and perhaps the most interesting, is the King facing off against Kiwi who currently has a 12 point lead but no players left while the King still has Mahommes yet to play.  Plan A would definitely give Kiwi the win but I'm thinking the King will pull this one out and finally beat a real player. It sucks that Kiwi puts up 180 plus points and still loses (for the second week in row)  That's quite a slide from being first.

I ain't got a chance of winning this one but l will still be happy aslong as "The Force" don't somehow pull off a miracle come from behind win! 😂😂😂

I guess we’re down to the wire here.

I’m cautiously optimistic on this end, but only cautiously. I’m still well aware things could go poorly as my lead is only due to a bad week from Brees and OBJ. If Hill and Hunt fare similarly, the Bagpipes will be eating dirt.

Here’s hoping I’m rescued from mediocrity into lesser mediocrity by a close win.

17 hours ago, kiwi said:

I ain't got a chance of winning this one but l will still be happy aslong as "The Force" don't somehow pull off a miracle come from behind win! 😂😂😂

So much for Plan A

14 hours ago, VAVending said:

I guess we’re down to the wire here.

I’m cautiously optimistic on this end, but only cautiously. I’m still well aware things could go poorly as my lead is only due to a bad week from Brees and OBJ. If Hill and Hunt fare similarly, the Bagpipes will be eating dirt.

Here’s hoping I’m rescued from mediocrity into lesser mediocrity by a close win.

What happened to the 120 points you were supposed to score?  Yep, my guys played like pasture pastry - kinda wished they'd have saved that effort for next week when I play the Scrubs.  Brees didn't even crack 10 points and I should have started Cousins but couldn't really trust him after that dud he dropped in week 3.  Get used to all the mediocrity as I'm guessing we're all in for a big dose of it this year.

12 hours ago, moondog said:

What happened to the 120 points you were supposed to score?  Yep, my guys played like pasture pastry - kinda wished they'd have saved that effort for next week when I play the Scrubs.  Brees didn't even crack 10 points and I should have started Cousins but couldn't really trust him after that dud he dropped in week 3.  Get used to all the mediocrity as I'm guessing we're all in for a big dose of it this year.

King and TD seem to have no problem hitting scores of 200. I’m barely keeping ahead of the scrubs.

Did a probably terrible and definitely overdue restructure of my team, hopefully it keeps me firmly out of 6th place. You never know though.

Aside from looking at a paltry 4 week trend on players, I’m esentially taking yahoo’s word as gospel because I have no time to make informed decisions. Here’s to ignorance.

Archived