Live display machines

nvb

Consensus here is that glassfront drink machines give a significant increase in sales. 

One thing I have never owned is a live display stacker.. they have a capacity/ reliability advantage but just arent as aesthetically pleasing to me.

I'm wondering.. considering the customer can still see the product, does the sales bump still apply?

For a live display. Go to your local liquor store and buy 2 six packs of higher end canned beer. The ones that come with the fancy six pack holders that cover the whole top of the can. That way if you use an opened can in the live display, it still looks professional. Now tell the wife you didn't want to drink twelve beer, but it is for the business.

The live display doesn't seem to do much in terms of increasing sales.  I lovethem because I ALWAYS have what i need to display a changed selection.  I don't always have the right label for a machine with labels.

when I had the "live" display and a product was out people would sometimes tell me "it can't be sold out I can see one in the machine right there"    ohh when you think you've heard it all

IMHO the glass front sales boost comes from the increased selection and the visibility of all the product.  I can get 16 to 20 different SKU's into my glass fronts, and that lets me offer higher end drinks as well.  All of mine are online machines, which allows me to restock efficiently and manage product changes and space to sales.  A little more effort but a good payoff.  On my live display stackers I sometimes use the large HVV or Chameleon flavor strips in place of a product container anyway, I think it looks better over time.

I never have cared for the look of a Live Display. The products especially bottles look dated over time. 

Could you imagine a snack machine NOT being a glassfront? I'm sure the sales would not be near as good. Seeing is believing! Lol

5 minutes ago, Snickers said:

I never have cared for the look of a Live Display. The products especially bottles look dated over time. 

They do, but we are talking about soda that has been in there for a couple years or more.  All you have to do is change them out and now everything looks fresh.

Archived