Week 5 recap

moondog

Harrumph, Harrumph, harrumph,

With week 5 all but in the books, we'll have our recap now.  While there are still some guys in plaY, nothings going to change much tomorrow night.

First we have Fuzzy handily knocking  off the King and thereby ending his despotic attempt to reign over the proletariat.  Well done Fuzzy.  It should be mentioned that the King still has Alvin Kamara yet to play but he'd need to score about sixty points to overcome the current deficit.  No way that's happening with Ingram back to piss on his parade.

Speaking of parade pissing, second up is Kiwi's miraculous victory over Td's.  Kiwi might even launch himself into first place at the rate his team is scoring.  Enjoy it while it lasts Kiwi, with Leveon due back in a couple of weeks your lead Rb isn't going to be worth road kill.

And last and most expected, the Force is annihilating the Scrubs which should move us up into third place. Kiwi might be in first place with Td's second and Fuzzy fourth.  This is becoming like a bad game of "whack a mole" where every time I think I've completely thwarted somebody, they come sneaking back.

22 hours ago, moondog said:

Enjoy it while it lasts Kiwi, with Leveon due back in a couple of weeks your lead Rb isn't going to be worth road kill.

This advice ^^^^^^^^^^ coming from someone who just picked up a RB that's torn his ACL!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

On 10/7/2018 at 7:04 PM, moondog said:

Harrumph, Harrumph, harrumph,

With week 5 all but in the books, we'll have our recap now.  While there are still some guys in plaY, nothings going to change much tomorrow night.

First we have Fuzzy handily knocking  off the King and thereby ending his despotic attempt to reign over the proletariat.  Well done Fuzzy.  It should be mentioned that the King still has Alvin Kamara yet to play but he'd need to score about sixty points to overcome the current deficit.  No way that's happening with Ingram back to piss on his parade.

Speaking of parade pissing, second up is Kiwi's miraculous victory over Td's.  Kiwi might even launch himself into first place at the rate his team is scoring.  Enjoy it while it lasts Kiwi, with Leveon due back in a couple of weeks your lead Rb isn't going to be worth road kill.

And last and most expected, the Force is annihilating the Scrubs which should move us up into third place. Kiwi might be in first place with Td's second and Fuzzy fourth.  This is becoming like a bad game of "whack a mole" where every time I think I've completely thwarted somebody, they come sneaking back.

It appears that Td's will maintain his strangle hold on 1st place for at least another week as Kiwi has failed (once again) to outscore him - he just needed 1 more point (pathetic)

16 hours ago, kiwi said:

This advice ^^^^^^^^^^ coming from someone who just picked up a RB that's torn his ACL!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

I've already dropped him but his IR condition didn't show up on the free agency list when I grabbed him,  He might get better, maybe you should grab him now that Conner won't be worth dog squat.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, VAVending said:

My Rams players are taking a beating... better add more.

*Woods has inexplicable stroke*

How many damned points do you need?  Cupp and Cooks will be back shortly.

1 hour ago, moondog said:

How many damned points do you need?  Cupp and Cooks will be back shortly.

Here’s hoping, I’m just hedging my bets and waiting to see. That 0 point score from Cooks very likely kept me from taking 1st this week, don’t want a repeat of that when the chips are down.

Week 12 is going to need a shuffle though, otherwise the bye will kill me.

3 hours ago, VAVending said:

Here’s hoping, I’m just hedging my bets and waiting to see. That 0 point score from Cooks very likely kept me from taking 1st this week, don’t want a repeat of that when the chips are down.

Week 12 is going to need a shuffle though, otherwise the bye will kill me.

Generally when a gut gets knocked out in the 1st quarter, he won't score much that game which accounts for all the points Woods got. And week 12 will be your Achilles which is why you never want to get too stacked on any one team.

10 minutes ago, moondog said:

Generally when a gut gets knocked out in the 1st quarter, he won't score much that game which accounts for all the points Woods got. And week 12 will be your Achilles which is why you never want to get too stacked on any one team.

I take that back about your Achilles.  You'll only need one Wr to replace your Ram that week and there's a bunch of decent ones still available.  You just have to decide which one you'll drop (I'd make it your 2nd Defense since you don't really need two of those).

On 10/10/2018 at 5:34 AM, moondog said:

Conner won't be worth dog squat.

I guess we will find that out shortly. I am still kinda hoping that Bell gets traded!

I did have a "Plan B" of maybe trading one of my Wr's to the King in return for one of his Rb's... but l don't think that will happen now that he has Tyreek!

17 hours ago, kiwi said:

I guess we will find that out shortly. I am still kinda hoping that Bell gets traded!

I did have a "Plan B" of maybe trading one of my Wr's to the King in return for one of his Rb's... but l don't think that will happen now that he has Tyreek!

Sounds like they're planning on a committee with both guys in the line up which suits me just fine.  Neither guy will be putting up any massive numbers which would kill two birds with one stone. If you're thinking about trading with the King expect him to pull some scrub off the waiver wire first.  He had to use his number one waiver wire priority to get Hill thanks to me as I also had a waiver request on him.  Now that the King has shot his wad,  I think Hill will probably break his leg early in the next game which would be great since I just grabbed Sammy Watkins who I probably should have started in place of Odell.  I swear, if Eli can't throw any Td's they should just let Odell do it as it seems he's much better at it.

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, kiwi said:

What were you saying 😁

10.5 points?  That's the definition of Dog Squat.  Now that he doesn't have Leveon breathing down his neck he may have decided to take it easy (to extend his career 😂😂😂)

Archived