KennyK

New to vending/vendiscuss

Hi Everyone,

I am new to vending and this forum. I decided to get into vending because I work offshore on Tugs and Supply Boats. Although the money is good, I  am away from home for long stints of time and I have two young (2 years and 8 months old) boys who I want to see more often. The goal is to slowly build something so I can transition off the boats eventually. I have learned a ton from you guys already and I am really grateful this forum exists! Thank you all for having me. -Kenny 

Welcome to the forums Kenny!

Feel free to ask any questions in the applicable forum, and be sure to make liberal use of the search feature; this site has years worth of wisdom in it’s archives.

I hope you do very well and look forward to growing with you.

Benjamin

Welcome Kenny,

You didn't mention what type of vending you plan to do. Bulk vending is more forgiving to longer periods of absence than full line vending, for example. If you are away at see for a week and can't service your machines, you probably won't lose a bulk site if it has a coin jam, but full line clients may be more upset about a machine out of action for that long.

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! I just started doing bulk. So far, I have a 2 double head A&A PN 095's that need refurbishing (I am working on that, almost done), 1 double LYPC / NW super 60 knock off (what junk, might just keep it for parts)  A double Oak Astro ready to go on location, and a Small rack (4 column sticker on top, 2 NW Super 60's on bottom) ready to go on location. Really enjoying all aspects of the business so far, except locating. I am pounding away at locating when I have time, despite the rejections, and have hired a couple locators to work in zip codes where I am not.