Candy Honor Box (I am new) - Updates

Ok, so I am brand new at this, but my dad had been doing it previously.  He just moved to my town and we were able to go together.  I had 7 boxes which we placed in 9 attempts.  We did this in under 45 minutes.  The first account wouldn't accept our box due to it being corporate.  The 5th account wouldn't accept our box due to space (even though I placed it on the counter and showed them where it could sit).  Either way, 7 out of 9 aint bad I don't think!  Ill keep you posted on how much they make, etc as this journey continues.  Meanwhile, wish me luck =P   

Congratulations on your first accounts!

So glad to see you’ve done due diligence with research and now gotten started with the business. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing your updates.

It’s also wonderful to see someone working with their father. Too many sons nowadays wouldn’t even think of listening to business tips or advice from their fathers, let alone work with them. Thanks for the great example!

16 hours ago, VendingKingllc said:

Ok, so I am brand new at this, but my dad had been doing it previously.  He just moved to my town and we were able to go together.  I had 7 boxes which we placed in 9 attempts.  We did this in under 45 minutes.  The first account wouldn't accept our box due to it being corporate.  The 5th account wouldn't accept our box due to space (even though I placed it on the counter and showed them where it could sit).  Either way, 7 out of 9 aint bad I don't think!  Ill keep you posted on how much they make, etc as this journey continues.  Meanwhile, wish me luck =P   

Congrats on your start!  That is a GREAT placement percentage.  What part of the country are you in?  Are you placing Snack Trays or the Honor Lollipop/mint trays?  I only ask because Snack trays do not do well on the counter for businesses and should be geared more toward the breakroom.  Where as, Lollipop/Mint boxes are suited for the front counter and should avoid the breakroom.  Best of luck to you!  :) 

Thank you everyone!  Yes, my dad was the VP of sales for a fortune 500 company for 25 yrs and has so much to teach me.  He just turned 60 and I feel like is in his prime on sales.  It was amazing to see him place the boxes on the counter and say Im just going to leave it here and well return in a week or so to collect.  Little things like that really help solidify the deal.  He even got a corporate bike store locally.  At this time, Id rather not disclose where I am located, but I can tell you it is the south =P.  Want to ensure my business model is successful before that hope you understand.  

I am only placing the acrylic pink ribbon candy boxes at this time.  Then my goal is to move into some gumball machines only.  Then possibly window cleaning, just depends on how my numbers are calculated.  My goal is 1200 boxes by next year.  Call me crazy, but my dad and me selling and my mom and wife servicing I think we can make it work.  I still have 10 more boxes left then need to order more.  Want to run a test on these first to ensure the ROI is there for this area.  I cant wait to show you my collection system I have thought of.  Will explain more in a week or so.

1 hour ago, VendingKingllc said:

Thank you everyone!  Yes, my dad was the VP of sales for a fortune 500 company for 25 yrs and has so much to teach me.  He just turned 60 and I feel like is in his prime on sales.  It was amazing to see him place the boxes on the counter and say Im just going to leave it here and well return in a week or so to collect.  Little things like that really help solidify the deal.  He even got a corporate bike store locally.  At this time, Id rather not disclose where I am located, but I can tell you it is the south =P.  Want to ensure my business model is successful before that hope you understand.  

I am only placing the acrylic pink ribbon candy boxes at this time.  Then my goal is to move into some gumball machines only.  Then possibly window cleaning, just depends on how my numbers are calculated.  My goal is 1200 boxes by next year.  Call me crazy, but my dad and me selling and my mom and wife servicing I think we can make it work.  I still have 10 more boxes left then need to order more.  Want to run a test on these first to ensure the ROI is there for this area.  I cant wait to show you my collection system I have thought of.  Will explain more in a week or so.

I like the focus and drive.  So sounds like the mint/candy boxes are what you chose to concentrate on.  1200 box goal is ambitious, but do-able.  I set similar goals for my company when I started and always try to reach big.  I look forward to reading your progress.  :) 

Small update, but an update none the less.  I got my haircut today and saw a gumball machine in there.  I asked the store manager after my haircut if I could place my candy box on the counter and he said yes!  Another sold!  Up to 8 now.  Can't wait to get out next week and see how much they have made.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:36 PM, VAVending said:

Congratulations on your first accounts!

So glad to see you’ve done due diligence with research and now gotten started with the business. I wish you all the best and look forward to seeing your updates.

It’s also wonderful to see someone working with their father. Too many sons nowadays wouldn’t even think of listening to business tips or advice from their fathers, let alone work with them. Thanks for the great example!

Yeah mine works for me, but he always takes his snack bonus when my back is turned!

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2018 at 5:57 PM, VendingKingllc said:

Small update, but an update none the less.  I got my haircut today and saw a gumball machine in there.  I asked the store manager after my haircut if I could place my candy box on the counter and he said yes!  Another sold!  Up to 8 now.  Can't wait to get out next week and see how much they have made.

Anymore updates?

Archived