Machine wont vend, HELP

Cobb4545

Hey guys i have a machine that wont vend. I have no clue how to reset it. I got it after the last owner thought it was broke so he passed it along. I put some sodas in slot 1 and when i press the button for it, it says nothing. All the others will tell me sold out but if I press this one it does nothing. I am very new to this so i just need a little help please! Model#: 721tdd0052006061t

Serial#: 1219846   6

The buttons on the coin mech have nothing to do with this.  You really have no clue about vending machines, do you?  This sounds like a live display machine with buttons that flash red and green so you may have a bad selection switch on that column if it's not a bad logic board.  Please use the manual to figure this out.  Everything you need to know is in it.

Try putting sodas in other columns, shutting the door so that the motors turn, and then try making a selection with those selections.  You SHOULD hear the motors trying to turn when the door closes (and the door switch is thus engaged).  If you hear nothing turning and the display doesn't seem to change either, then it's possible you have a broken door switch.

Some things to cover; if you are trying to vend with cash be sure there is some change in the changer, otherwise it may be in exact change mode and interfere with the vend.  Does the motor attempt to turn at all?  There is a door switch that needs to be in closed (sales) position for the machine to vend; you can pull the switch out on most setups to put it in sales mode and troubleshoot with the door open.  As was mentioned, a bad door switch can also cause issues as the machine may be stuck in open mode.  There is a control board (computer board) that runs the machine, there is a button on the board that will allow you to go into service mode with the door open and the service menu should appear on the small LCD on the front of the machine.  Most machines have a service mode menu posted in the inner door to help you scroll thru and find the functions you need to check, or to set prices, etc.  If it is missing you need to pull up a service manual online to find the info.  Finding the manual will also help you troubleshoot. 

Archived