Vendo V621 - Help!

jimwarneke

I have a Vendo V621 that has one column that consistently jams after dropping the next row in the column.  It will vend the first and second, but then jams a can in the very rear when trying to vend the third.

I though it was out of sync, so I unloaded the column and did a column test through the front panel and it will turn and 'ghost vend' can after imaginary can - until I load the column and only get 2-3 cans before it jams again.  I have no idea why.

Any ideas as to what I can check for?

It has slides, but they shouldn't cause jams.  They are supposed to prevent extra vends on cans.

The v21 can go 3-deep or 4-deep as long as the back spacer is set correctly.  Also, the v21 uses a drop sensor so it can't really be "out of sync" like most dixies.

My guess is that something is mechanically messing up or there is an obstruction.  You need to look at the rotor and the other part (don't know what it's called) and make sure nothing is bent or working incorrectly.

I did change the selection from bottles to cans when I re-deployed this machine.  I don't think it started right away, but has been pretty consistent lately.  This is a low volume location and may only vend a few cans of that selection.

What I usually find is a can wedged in the far back at a 45 degree angle like it was dropping when the motor returned.  I have 4 deep 12oz cans loaded, and the slide is slid forward.  I can not find anything in programming to set how many in the column.  I did find a setting that looked like auto-learn, but it jammed with that turned on as well.

If you were previously vending 16.9oz Pepsi products, there should be a shim on the right side of the column for smaller diameter products. It should be removed when vending 12oz cans. That may be the source of your dilemma.

56 minutes ago, BTVFC said:

If you were previously vending 16.9oz Pepsi products, there should be a shim on the right side of the column for smaller diameter products. It should be removed when vending 12oz cans. That may be the source of your dilemma.

If it is a v21, it doesn't use shims.

2 hours ago, AngryChris said:

If it is a v21, it doesn't use shims.

Shim, spacer....same church, different pew. I have several of these. They are also a part of the Red Bull kit for the v21. The Red Bull kit has 3 additional spacers that hang on the left side of the column.

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-7822-d1125921-vendo-spacer.aspx

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-5922-d1121638-vendo-721-red-bull-kit.aspx

621/721 doesn't use shims, spacers or whatever terminology you want to use. There is a slide under the column you slide back or forward to change from cans to bottles, then the back spacer, then depth setting in the program and that's it

Just now, Bvending said:

621/721 doesn't use shims, spacers or whatever terminology you want to use. There is a slide under the column you slide back or forward to change from cans to bottles, then the back spacer, then depth setting in the program and that's it

They make a spacer for slim drinks such as Propel water.  Vendo calls it a spacer instead of a shim.

Red bull needs a kit, not 16.9 oz bottles, 20 oz bottles, or 12 oz cans.  Most standard size packages vend without any shims/spacers.

10 hours ago, BTVFC said:

Shim, spacer....same church, different pew. I have several of these. They are also a part of the Red Bull kit for the v21. The Red Bull kit has 3 additional spacers that hang on the left side of the column.

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-7822-d1125921-vendo-spacer.aspx

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-5922-d1121638-vendo-721-red-bull-kit.aspx

For red bull, sure, but he's working with 12 oz cans and no shims are necessary.

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

Red bull needs a kit, not 16.9 oz bottles, 20 oz bottles, or 12 oz cans.  Most standard size packages vend without any shims/spacers.

For red bull, sure, but he's working with 12 oz cans and no shims are necessary.

I agree, 12 oz cans need no modifications. My suggestion was that one of these spacers may have been the cause of the column jam after being converted from bottles. I am quite fond of the v21, as it handles multiple product sizes with little to no modification.

16.9 oz Pepsi bottles, and all packages under 2.5" diameter need a spacer. See the product setup & loading label on the inside door of a v21. Or, check the service manual, Page G7, "small diameter product setting". Pepsi 16.9 oz will jam when the gate raises to load the vend bucket, because 2 bottles try to load. I have first hand experience with this, and the spacer solved my problem.

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/v5.pdf

16.9 oz bottles do not need a spacer.  Products smaller than that need a spacer.  16.9 oz bottles are at or above 2.5" and work fine.  It states it right there in the manual you posted:

"Small diameter products (less than 2.5" Ø) such as 500 ML water bottles require the use of side spacer PN 1122928"  

Pepsi 16.9 oz bottles are listed on Royal's site as 2.56" in diameter ( https://www.royalvendors.com/customer-service/technical-info/package-vending-specs/ ). Therefore, standard 16.9 oz bottles require no shims.  Water bottles are thinner (probably due to thinner plastic more than anything) and require shims, but soft 16.9 oz bottles are problematic anyway whereas 16.0 oz bottles do vend fine as do 16.9 oz cumberland gap.

It's definitely a good point IF he has a shim in there because it could probably cause all of his problems, but I am saying that most standard package sizes vend out of a v21 just fine.  It's only the odd stuff that requires shims just the same as with royals.  I have NEVER heard of anyone say that a v21 needs shims for 16.9 oz soda, not even the vendo manual you posted.  Generally, if you need shims for 16.9 oz bottles, you need it for cans too since they are so close in diameter, and the v21 vends them fine.  And no, I do not work for vendo.  I have about 6 out there though.

I've experienced this exact same problem on the vendo 821 vending 24oz pepsi. 

It worked great for about a year, then I started getting bottles stuck at a 45 degree angle in the back, especially in the outer columns. 

I replaced drop sensor, board, adjusted slides, stacked the bottles butt to butt, eventually had to switch products.

I would suggest trying that column two deep and see if it eliminates your problem. 

It might be that the can drops 45 degrees and triggers the drop sensor stopping the vend cycle. 

23 hours ago, Chard said:

I've experienced this exact same problem on the vendo 821 vending 24oz pepsi. 

It worked great for about a year, then I started getting bottles stuck at a 45 degree angle in the back, especially in the outer columns. 

I replaced drop sensor, board, adjusted slides, stacked the bottles butt to butt, eventually had to switch products.

I would suggest trying that column two deep and see if it eliminates your problem. 

It might be that the can drops 45 degrees and triggers the drop sensor stopping the vend cycle. 

OP mentioned it is a low volume location, so I would also try reducing how many cans deep you have (and changing the setting on the machine). I found this helped with my ageing DN fleet with frequent jams. On the DNs, I thought is was the rotors getting worn and slightly twisted, as well as our cans being slightly taller than US varieties. On slow locations, dropping from 3 back to 2 deep solved the problem without having to bother changing out rotors and such.

For a high volume account it is more worth the effort to get the machine working at full capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

there are setting on the machine, on the motor, the plastic circle should be set to 4, now I have vmax540 this is a 10 button machine pepsi/coke, this machine requires the setting to 4 and a few extra plastic stoppers on each column, now the v21 this is a 12 button HVV machine, this does not need any stoppers on each line, but it does require you to change the setting from 1, 2, 3, or 4 deep where the motors are, aside form that, nothing more, now when you call vendo, they have 2 names for this machine v540 or the 720P, not sure which one to use, and both are on the same machine.

on the v540/720P you need to get plastic spacers into every column you want to vend,

for 3 deep can all you need is 2 white plastic pieces

for 2 deep 20oz, you need 1 black piece

for 4 deep can you need 2 white, 1 grey, and 1 black piece (black piece not the same as for 20oz)

all of this should be written on the inside door

send me a text, ill send pics of the pieces and what they look like installed

DS vending has all the pieces you need (min $25 order), and if not, call vendo (min $50 order)

917-731-3891

3 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

there are setting on the machine, on the motor, the plastic circle should be set to 4, now I have vmax540 this is a 10 button machine pepsi/coke, this machine requires the setting to 4 and a few extra plastic stoppers on each column, now the v21 this is a 12 button HVV machine, this does not need any stoppers on each line, but it does require you to change the setting from 1, 2, 3, or 4 deep where the motors are, aside form that, nothing more, now when you call vendo, they have 2 names for this machine v540 or the 720P, not sure which one to use, and both are on the same machine.

on the v540/720P you need to get plastic spacers into every column you want to vend,

for 3 deep can all you need is 2 white plastic pieces

for 2 deep 20oz, you need 1 black piece

for 4 deep can you need 2 white, 1 grey, and 1 black piece (black piece not the same as for 20oz)

all of this should be written on the inside door

send me a text, ill send pics of the pieces and what they look like installed

DS vending has all the pieces you need (min $25 order), and if not, call vendo (min $50 order)

917-731-3891

No, that's the old machines like the 720. The 721 and the 621 does not require shims, and does not have settings on the motors like the old style machines.

1 minute ago, Snack Man 2000 said:

No, that's the old machines like the 720. The 721 and the 621 does not require shims, and does not have settings on the motors like the old style machines.

I love them, they are better than royal and dixie and a breeze to set up, parts are cheap, and machines work like horses

• 2 months later...

I have 621 and can’t seem to get the new 20oz deer parks from Sam’s club to vend. Does any one else have this problem? Is there another place that sells vendable water bottles?  Every other bottle seems to be eco friendly I’m guessing those don’t vend do they?

Archived